Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Turbo Cell Working Properly?

1. Back To Top    #1

Sugar Land, Texas

Turbo Cell Working Properly?

How do I know if the turbo cell is working properly?

After having a pool service for the last 4+ years, I recently learned that the service had unplugged the turbo cell completely and was servicing the pool as a chlorine pool rather than saltwater. After plugging it back in and getting my salt levels up to normal, algae appeared. I visited the local pool supply who instructed me to shock the pool which I did but it's still green which has me wondering.. Is something wrong with the turbo cell? And if there is, how would I know?
    27,000 gallon saltwater outdoor in-ground plaster 18W'x31L'x5D; hot tub 7' diameter; Hayward Swimpure Pool Santizing System with SmartPure Sanitizer Cell; Hayward Turbo Cell T-Cell-15; Pentair MasterTemp 400 gas heater; Jandy Valve Actuators

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Turbo Cell Working Properly?

Do a little home work in the pool school section and you will realize that shocking the pool won't do anything, you need to slam and get those fc levels up and maintain.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Southern New Hampshire, 18x36 single roman end pool.

3. Back To Top    #3

Long Beach, CA

Welcome to TFP!

You need to go through the diagnostics on the panel and post what each number reads. Make sure the cell is set to 100% when you do this. What are the lights doing on the panel?

There are some pool stores that have test stations for the cell, check around to see if one of yours has one.

To get you started on your water issues start by reading ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

4. Back To Top    #4
    SouthWest Alabama

Follow Jhamblett's advice first.

There are a few ways to tell if the cell is working, but It's easiest if the water is algae free.

Some pool stores can test the cells.

Do you know how old the cell is?

Are there any lights or indication on the display?

How much salt did you add?

How did you determine the amount you needed?

What does the display show for salt level?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

The AquaRite/Swimpure is easy to tell if it's working. The diagnostics tell everything you need to know. If you can post the diagnostics, water temperature and a good independent salt test, we can tell you if it's working.