Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: So many fitting color choices??

1. Back To Top    #1

So many fitting color choices??

When they came to shoot the Stonescape Aqua White surface they had Black, white, Tan, and fittings.
    They started putting black in and I stopped them and had white put in. They said black is the new color? Really? After, I found out there is a gray too...I'd of love the gray. Anyone want to weight in on this? Maybe I'm just to new to all the color choices.
    Woodp721
    15K gal. 12X80 plaster-stonescape aqua white, buff leuders coping, Verona Borba Turquoise w/Borba Turquoise Deco

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: So many fitting color choices??

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want black on white. I would have wanted something that would blend nicely. White or maybe gray for sure!!

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm getting Tropics Blue minipebble and going with light grey. I bet that would look nice with your aqua white... Way better than black at least!
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

4. Back To Top    #4

What are fittings? Is Stonescape like Pebbletec?

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes, Stonescapes is NPT's version of Pebble.

Fittings are the things that are attached to the pipes that enter the pool shell, like returns, vacuum lines and autofill lines. They make lots of different styles and colors to do different jobs.
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by JamieP View Post
    Yes, Stonescapes is NPT's version of Pebble.

Fittings are the things that are attached to the pipes that enter the pool shell, like returns, vacuum lines and autofill lines. They make lots of different styles and colors to do different jobs.
    Thank you. Still learning. Our PB1 is offering Stonescapes mini pebble white or salt and pepper as an upgrade over 4 basic colors of Quartzscapes.

I agree that a more neutral color would look better than black. I will now keep in mind that I may have a choice of color on the fittings.

7. Back To Top    #7

Yes, Stonescape is like Pebbletec but a smother finish.
    Woodp721
    15K gal. 12X80 plaster-stonescape aqua white, buff leuders coping, Verona Borba Turquoise w/Borba Turquoise Deco

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Woodp721 View Post
    Yes, Stonescape is like Pebbletec but a smother finish.
    Good to know. Pebbletec is better than Quartzscape, but we were worried about the rough finish. If Stonescape is smoother we will consider it over the Quartzscape. Do you have a thread on your pool build with photos of your finish?
    My pool thread. IG 31' x 20', 3.5'/4.5'/6', 8' spa, 4T moss rock WF/WW w/jumping rock, 7' x 11' sunshelf 3 bubblers, travertine coping, spray deck, Hayward equip: SwimClear 525 Cartridge Filter, H400 natural gas heater, Tristar Dual Speed EE pump 2HP, Tristar EE pump 1.5HP for water features, blower 2HP, Prologic P/S 8 w/aqua pod remote, Aqua Rite T-15 Salt System, Tigershark QC robot, networked Colorlogic LEDs 2 pool 1 spa.

9. Back To Top    #9

Stonescapes has different sized pebbles, regular and mini. The mini pebble of stonescapes is comparable to Pebble Sheen, and their regular pebble is comparable to Pebble Tech. At least that's my understanding.

Gemstone makes a really fine pebble, called a micro pebble, that's even smaller than the mini mentioned above. You can get it with or without glass. You might check them out if you can. Nursenini is getting it in her pool soon. With the glass it's called Radiant Fusion and is very smooth.