Concrete Deck Enhancement -- Suggestions?

Swampwoman

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Hi all. I'm whiling away the time before I can open here in Michigan but thought this year I might consider enhancing the concrete deck on my formerly foreclosed and neglected haven ;)

The concrete is not bad, one small crack/lift area. I've ordered a new powerwasher and brush to get it clean for likely the first time in a decade this season.

But I'm looking at Cool Deck, as a DIY, acid wash stain as a DIY or maybe a thin decorative layer of that acrylic rehab stuff (contractor here charges 3.25 per SF...I have 600 SF of concrete.

I'd love to hear from folks who've done something to dress up an existing concrete surround and am open to all ideas. I especially welcome product suggestions, caveats about wear, longevity, etc.

While I'd love to rip It all out and just put in kentucky bluestone, a very large metal roof project in my future means that's not likely to happen.

I'll try to dig up a pic to give you an idea of the area - thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Here are some pics from last spring...you will notice I get a ton of debris from the terrace, which to some degree plays in in terms of choices ;)

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.