New here and pool owner as well

Dec 30, 2015
Citrus Springs,Fl
:pWe just bought the home with the pool and the pump dies 3/4 way through closing. Knew it was bad but not going to die. Well was looking at a Hayward VS 1.5 hp but was wondering if you can mismatch with pentair systems( as this is what mine has)

I am going to order test kit but wanted to get pump going to circulate water first. Is this a good direction to go? We are going to be in the 80's from here out it looks so any thoughts please feel free to let me have it.

Thanks all and this is a really nice place for some needed info.

Hi! You are at the right place to have control of your pool and wallet. Saying that you need to go ahead and order the test kit as it will take a couple of days to get there. Better to have it as soon as possible to see what you are working with water wise.

For you pool right now.........how does the water look? Is it clear? a swamp?

If it is clear you can buy a cheap sub pump from Harbor Freight to move the water around while you wait on your new pump. You can buy what ever pump you want as far as brand. You might have to do some pipe changes but......it can be done.

V.S. or 2 speed for your pump. It all depends on what you want to do with your pump. I have a two speed pump. For everyday use I keep it on low speed. When I have the cleaner in I use the high speed. It saves on the power bill that way. The V.S. pump allows your even more control.

Share your pictures with us. We LOVE pictures!

Kim

Thank you, it looks good but has quite a few leaves in it and a lot of dust when I tried to sweep them up. It is why I stopped and was asking about the pump.

It has 2 drains in the deep end with 6 pop ups All plumbing is 2 in so that is nice.

The previous owner did take good care of it when she could she told us.

Just ordered the test kit...Thanks again all

I love the plaster color!

Where are you on the pump? Will you rebuild it or order a new one? I would HATE to see ANY algae in that pretty pool. Make sure to keep your chlorine up some how-------maybe add half a bottle of plain bleach aka chlorine and brush and brush. If have or can get a sub pump you can use that to help mix in the chlorine/bleach.

Kim

Thanks Kim and will try that at it has been nearly 45 days since any water movement( besides me sweeping it).

I will dump some bleach in and swirl it. I will be ordering the pump tomorrow and will keep all posted on updates.

Thanks again for all the help and the pump is a sweet price for that one pooldv. Thanks bunches

You are heading in the right direction now! Test kit and new pump on the way!

Which test kit did you get? Make sure to add it to your siggy so everyone will know you have one when they read your posts.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.