Small Heater Help Any?

Z7What

Mar 23, 2015
New Orleans Area
I live in New Orleans where it can get very hot. As of yesterday my pool water was 66*. I have been looking into propane pool heaters and to be completely honest for the cost verses the added use the pool just doesn't make since. While playing online I came across these small Intex Solar Mats. I have read a few threads about size of mat verses amount of temp increase verses cost of operation and the general census I that its just not worth it. But I think mine questions is just a little different.

Personally i think solar mats are ugly so mounting huge mats on my brand new roof just isn't going to happen. I also am completely anal about my lawn so its not going to go on the grass either. I was wondering if it would do ANYTHING if I bought one or two of these Intex panels and placing them on my deck or even just placing them on my roof when in use and routing the hose to its own 12v pump, that I just happen to have, powering it with a extra battery I have to circulate the water threw it slowly to absorb the most heat.

I have a 24' X 54" 15,200 Gallon Round Pool BTW

Even if we are talking about a couple degrees over the next couple weeks I think spending $30 for 2 mats would be worth it to me, well my wife.

BTW I joined this site last year and switched to the TFPC Method and I couldn't be happier with the pool. It stayed PERFECT throughout the "winter" we get in New Orleans.

Wayne

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.