Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool access gates

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool access gates

Need to get the new gate installed for pre plaster inspection. Think we will go a tubular steel gate, 4ft wide 63" tall. I know it must open outward and be self closing. I also think the latch must be 54" off the ground, I am guessing a doorknob will not work here unless it's mounted 54" high.

Thx
    33x19, 3'4"-5'6", 7ft spa, baja reef, 14'x9', 18" deep, 10,668 Gal. Quartzite coping, Stonescape Tropics Blue mini-pebble, abalone & glass beads. Jandy Equip.(JXi heater, 2.7HPVS pump, PLC1400 SWG, CV580 filter, Aqualink, LEDs)
    TF-100, Doheny Discovery robot.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool access gates

Although you live in Fulterton these are LA County's requirements: https://dpw.lacounty.gov/bsd/lib/fp/...%201-11-13.pdf

The requirements should be the same. And no a doornob will not work unless it is more than 54" high. It can be less but then there must be another self closing latch more than 54"
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

A standard gate latch mounted at 54 inches will meat the requirement.

Pool done!! (backyard = work in progress) 32' x 19' inground freeform with 7' spa, baja step w/ (2) bubblers, stonescapes mini pebble finish, rock waterfall feature, 12" raised bond beam, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflo feature pump, (3) 5G Color LED's, FNS + DE 60, 400K Master Temp, Easytouch 8 w/ remote, Intellichlor IC40, Vision Classic Ceramic Kamado smoker, Margaritaville DM1000!!! Party Coming Soon!!
    TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

4. Back To Top    #4

I have a wrought-iron gate to my yard. There's a standard deadbolt at standard height and a gate latch at the very top that is just barely reachable by reaching over. The string broke and I never replaced it. There's a spring by the hinge. So it's self-closing and it has a latch too high for children and it's also lockable but easy to unlock from the outside. A padlock in the gate latch wouldn't be easy from outside. Hope that helps you plan.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

thank you!
    33x19, 3'4"-5'6", 7ft spa, baja reef, 14'x9', 18" deep, 10,668 Gal. Quartzite coping, Stonescape Tropics Blue mini-pebble, abalone & glass beads. Jandy Equip.(JXi heater, 2.7HPVS pump, PLC1400 SWG, CV580 filter, Aqualink, LEDs)
    TF-100, Doheny Discovery robot.