1978 18x36 vinyl liner complete renovation

HA! Not only do I get another FL person but one from my home town!

HI! Yeah it looks like it is time to redo the pool. I see someone has already started in on the decking. How does the plumping and equipment work?

Are you replacing the steps just because it has been so long or is there anything wrong with them?

Will you be doing the work or hiring someone?

Ask us any questions you might have. Someone will have an answer and it might even be right! LOL

I do what to suggest you get a good test kit like the one in my siggy as I KNOW for a fact our pool stores tests around here will cause more harm than good.

Kim

This is going to be a DIY project. I have a construction background and have access to the needed tools. Still debating on doing the actual liner replacement myself or hiring someone. I have replaced the filter and pump recently (Hayward) so they are good to go! Basically the only issues are the liner, coping and the deck. The pool steps were cracked and chipped in several places so we opted to replace them. They were delivered from Royal Pools this morning. I will update as we progress. Thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard of many people replacing their own liners. A couple of like minded friends and burgers on the grill and you are good to go. There are videos on you tube to show how............oh and a couple of shop vacs to such the sides in.

Do you have a good test kit yet? If not look in my siggy for find the one we use and love.

Kim

Upgraded my sledge hammer and made some progress today. The travertine coping will replace the existing plastic coping. The remainder of the space where the concrete has been removed will be travertine pavers all which should be delivered tomorrow.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Travertine came in today so I had to play with the pattern a bit to get an idea of what it's going to look like . I purchased a commercial grade travertine from Travertine Mart. It has a lot more holes and character than a premium grade but it's about a third of the cost.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.