1978 18x36 vinyl liner complete renovation

good call.

Having a new liner is peace of mind for sure.

Not sure if you already knew but there is very likely a serial number
on that liner, perhaps behind the steps.

You can order a new one without needing any measuring done.

good call.

Not sure if you already knew but there is very likely a serial number
on that liner, perhaps behind the steps.

You can order a new one without needing any measuring done.

This is great to learn. I never knew that. I kept a specs page from the company but I'm sure I'll have no idea where it is when it's actually needed.

Started cutting off the old bullnose coping today. Reciprocating saw seemed to work better than the circular saw. The new aluminum liner rail fits perfect and will be the same 42" height as the last rail. I used self talking screws to hold the liner into place so I don't have to drain the pool yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
DIY from ****!!!

Dropped the pool level to work replacing the pool steps. Ran to Lowes and came home to this. Walls on three sides caving in. Apparently I picked the wettest month of the year to tackle a pool renovation. High water tables and vinyl pools do not go together.

Thanks to family and friends who showed up the next day to dig out and reconstruct the pool walls. Luckily I have a family member with access to a large commercial pump. Well points were driven around the pool to divert the water away from our project.

Oh geez! So sorry. Do you know if it can be reassembled at this point? (Meaning after the water level subsides).

...I'm still comprehending it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.