Take Down Pointers for Intex Ultra-Frame

Jul 8, 2014
Stafford / VA
We are getting ready to take our Intex Ultra-Frame 12x24x52 down to be sold. We have left it up each of the past two winters with no issues. The first year I was thinking of taking it down and started the process but getting the poles out of the loops was becoming a pain as they didn't slide. Mind you I didn't spend much time on it and was doing it myself so I quickly decided to leave it up. However, we are moving and can't take it with us so I have to take it down now and will sell it.

Are there any pointers to help slide the poles out of the loops? Also, any other pointers in general with the whole process?

Thanks!

Darrel has a great idea and the best part is that you don't have to deal with it.

Well it actually wasn't as bad this time as I remembered. I sprayed just a touch of lube in a couple spots and the poles slid right out. The pool was already drained for the most part since it was closed for the winter and I wasn't about to set it all back up just to sell it. I took pictures for the folks looking interested in it and the worse that will happen is they want some money back. They will all be local folks and know where I live obviously.

I have a limited schedule to get it down and then the underneath re-landscaped for the people buying our house. Would have been a lot easier if they wanted it. Strange they didn't as they have three kids that look to be around 9-15.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.