Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Poolvergnuegen slowed down, stopping often

1. Back To Top    #1

Poolvergnuegen slowed down, stopping often

EDIT: pool filter needed a good cleaning and that restored function back to normal

------------------
    well... i got a new pool pump (from Challenger 2hp to Whisperflo 2hp) ... and since then the Poolvergnuegen looks to be moving a little slower.

But the main problem is that every 30-60 minutes it stops moving. If i lift off the bottom 50% starts moving by the time its at the top... the other 50% i have to stick my finger in the hole and spin the turbine thingy and get it moving... its like it doesnt have grease anymore or something...
    it might be a coincidence but with the old pump maybe once 1-2 weeks it would stop, and that was because it choked on a branch ...
    how should i fix this thing?
    TX/Dallas | 18K ? gal. | Plaster | Jandy valves, Jandy panel, Aqualink RS4
    Pentair Challenger Fixed 2hp | SWG AquaPure PLC1400*repl 2015 | Pentair Clean & Clear 420
    ThePoolCleaner 2wheels

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Poolvergnuegen slowed down, stopping often

The only time mine does that is when the flow is turned down to much... when you changed the pump did something change or a diverter valve get moved a little bit? is you cleaner and skimmer on the same suction side?
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

It sounds like you are losing suction, is the pump basket full of water or does it have air inside it?
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

4. Back To Top    #4

/shame >> i guess that was the early signal, ... in another 1 week the spa spillover became really slow-which is my notice for ... time to clean the filter
    now all looks to be back to normal
    ... ofcourse i have something else to fix... the pool light is almost dead ... >facepalm<

... topic has nothing to do with the poolvernuegen then... :P
    TX/Dallas | 18K ? gal. | Plaster | Jandy valves, Jandy panel, Aqualink RS4
    Pentair Challenger Fixed 2hp | SWG AquaPure PLC1400*repl 2015 | Pentair Clean & Clear 420
    ThePoolCleaner 2wheels