Stegmeier Channel Drains - Replacing old channels - Best Options Please

Nfotx

Jun 1, 2014
Fresno CA
My Stegmeier channel drains are 29 years old, have become brittle, cap less in many areas and generally worn out. How do I go about replacing these drains. I have heard a circular saw with cement cutting blade is used to remove the old drain. Is this correct? Is there a replacement available?

kimkats and others: Here are two photos I had in my photo library. I can add others within a day or two (heavy rain at the moment).

Attachments

• Stegmeier 29 year old channel.jpg
    Stegmeier 29 year old channel.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 54
  • Stegmeier sun destroyed channel drain.jpg
    Stegmeier sun destroyed channel drain.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 53
If you read their website it's says the cap is put in with adhesive. Click on the link I gave you. I believe you just clear out the channel and apply a small bead of adhesive along each side of the opening, then push in the cap. You just need to be sure that it's the right width, this is for their 2 inch wide Super Drain not the 1.6 inch standard deck drain. You can contact them for more details.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.