Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stegmeier Channel Drains - Replacing old channels - Best Options Please

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool Stegmeier Channel Drains - Replacing old channels - Best Options Please

My Stegmeier channel drains are 29 years old, have become brittle, cap less in many areas and generally worn out. How do I go about replacing these drains. I have heard a circular saw with cement cutting blade is used to remove the old drain. Is this correct? Is there a replacement available?

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Stegmeier Channel Drains - Replacing old channels - Best Options Please

Can't you just replace the cap.

stegmeier
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Share a picture so we can see what you are dealing with. We might have some more ideas.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

kimkats and others: Here are two photos I had in my photo library. I can add others within a day or two (heavy rain at the moment).
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. Back To Top    #5

Chiefwej,

As you can see in the earlier reply to kimkats (with photos), there is nothing left for which to attach the cap.

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

If you read their website it's says the cap is put in with adhesive. Click on the link I gave you. I believe you just clear out the channel and apply a small bead of adhesive along each side of the opening, then push in the cap. You just need to be sure that it's the right width, this is for their 2 inch wide Super Drain not the 1.6 inch standard deck drain. You can contact them for more details.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit