Spa drained completely into pool, automation actuator not turning

MBison

May 25, 2015
jacksonville, Florida
I should have my pool service coming out tomorrow but just trying to understand the issue since I don't know as much about pools as I should.

I have an automation system that controls the values when I use the Spa or just have it in standard auto mode. I turned the spa on and all was fine but then I turned it off and noticed later that the spa drained completely into the pool.

I saw that I don't think the actuator is in the correct spot for pool thus it's draining the spa. But even in spa mode the spa should fill with water but that doesn't seem to be working either as it just drains out. The spa seems to have drained out into the pool (the pool is many inches up now) but then now only using water from inside the spa, which I assume is what it does when in spa mode right? Otherwise it would be overflowing with water constantly coming in from pool so it would make sense that no more water would pour out of spa if it's empty right?

Is there a way to manually move the actuator? I saw a YouTube video and it said putting it into the off position then turning the nut four times then pressing down but that did nothing.

I'm stressed out :)

If your pool guy is coming out tomorrow I would just turn everything off and wait. Having the pool too full for a couple of days isn't going to harm anything.

One of your actuators may have gotten reversed. On the bottom of the actual valve there is a three way switch. It sounds like one is out of position. Or you could have a backflow preventer that prevents the spa from draining into the pool that has somehow failed.

If you want to give us pictures of the pool and the equipment pad we could probably give you a better explanation.

Yeah I tried the switches in the back, the On 1, Off, and on 2 switches. One time this happened and the back switch was in the wrong position but I tried all of them and the actuator doesn't move and is stuck in the "Spa" position and by that I mean the position it's normally in when the Spa mode is turned on. It won't go back to the Auto position.

Yeah I'm sure it's fine just stressed me out, haha.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.