My Neighbors Must Think I'm an Addict. An that's okay with me!

May 9, 2015
Northeast, OK
Okay. So we've had the shortest winter ever since moving to Oklahoma 9 years ago! But still, to keep the pool blue all winter long in Oklahoma and window-picture-perfect, I swear I spend more hours weekly maintaining my pool than the average Joe. But my fellow pool owners here on Trouble Free Pool with open winter pools in colder climates will agree with me. No?

Neighbor Q. Where do you work out? My A. Workout schmurkout. I clean my pool - often.

Neighbor Q. Where'd you get your guns? My A. I'm a part-time "pool girl".

Neighbor Q. Who cleans your pool? My A. You're lookin' at it :) oh, and I learn all I need to know from TROUBLEFREEPOOL.COM ;)

I love this post!!!!

As for your neighbors, tell them that you know some who's pool is still frozen who are already planning on opening in a week or two. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Love it, neighbor!
I'm grateful for our super short winter so my PB can work on my pool!

Looks like 80's for us on Monday and Tuesday! What's your current water temp? Think you'll swim next week?

So, MANY years ago, one of my jobs when I was going to college was "The Pool Guy" for a community pool for a planned neighborhood. I did general upkeep, chemicals, cleaning, yelled at kids who got out of hand, cleaned the clubhouse, etc...

But my favorite thing about that job was the early morning clean. Dead quiet except for the birds. Good weather. Calm winds. Sun still low on the horizon. There was a "Zen" to the whole thing. The rhythm and precision of vacuuming the pool floor. It was almost like meditation. Is Pool Church a thing?

plat.

But my favorite thing about that job was the early morning clean. Dead quiet except for the birds. Good weather. Calm winds. Sun still low on the horizon. There was a "Zen" to the whole thing. The rhythm and precision of vacuuming the pool floor. It was almost like meditation. Is Pool Church a thing?
plat.

I know that feeling and it's true!

Some folks see cleaning/maintaining a pool as a chore...I don't.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.