Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Neighbors Must Think I'm an Addict. An that's okay with me!

1. Back To Top    #1

My Neighbors Must Think I'm an Addict. An that's okay with me!

Okay. So we've had the shortest winter ever since moving to Oklahoma 9 years ago! But still, to keep the pool blue all winter long in Oklahoma and window-picture-perfect, I swear I spend more hours weekly maintaining my pool than the average Joe. But my fellow pool owners here on Trouble Free Pool with open winter pools in colder climates will agree with me. No?

Neighbor Q. Where do you work out? My A. Workout schmurkout. I clean my pool - often.

Neighbor Q. Where'd you get your guns? My A. I'm a part-time "pool girl".

Neighbor Q. Who cleans your pool? My A. You're lookin' at it oh, and I learn all I need to know from TROUBLEFREEPOOL.COM
    "I say BOOMER you say SOONER!"
    •21,000 gallon inground gunite pool
    •Pentair-PacFab Triton II Sand Filter -TR100 •Pentair-PacFab Triton Purex Challenger 1.5 H.P. Single Speed Pump
    •Taylor 2006 test kit •Dolphin Nautilus-99996323

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My Neighbors Must Think I'm an Addict. An that's okay with me!

That's great.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Pride of ownership

Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

4. Back To Top    #4

Bet they would LOVE to swim in YOUR pool over so many others that are not crazy as we all are about our pools! LOL

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Nice selfie and nice pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

7. Back To Top    #7

Love the smile!
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

8. Back To Top    #8

Thank you, Wendy!! I love yours too!

- - - Updated - - -

Right? Lol...
    •Pentair-PacFab Triton II Sand Filter -TR100 •Pentair-PacFab Triton Purex Challenger 1.5 H.P. Single Speed Pump

9. Back To Top    #9

I love this post!!!!

As for your neighbors, tell them that you know some who's pool is still frozen who are already planning on opening in a week or two.

10. Back To Top    #10

Love that selfie and all your answers!
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

11. Back To Top    #11

Agreed 100%

I keep mine open year round too...often vacuuming, testing & balancing every saturday morning.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

Love it, neighbor!
    I'm grateful for our super short winter so my PB can work on my pool!

Looks like 80's for us on Monday and Tuesday! What's your current water temp? Think you'll swim next week?
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

13. Back To Top    #13

It's called sparklypoolitis. A lot of people here suffer from it.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

14. Back To Top    #14

- - - Updated - - -

Awwww!!! Thanks, Computerguy and all you other guys! You are all too kind!!! I DO blush!!! LOL!!

15. Back To Top    #15

Hey Nurseini!! LOL!! As of about 30 minutes ago we are at about 62 degrees...Now question...are you being SERIOUS about swimming next week?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    It's called sparklypoolitis. A lot of people here suffer from it.
    WOO HOO!! Yes indeed, Richard. I am about to become a real paying member. I am so thrilled with this site and all of you amazing folks on here.

16. Back To Top    #16

So, MANY years ago, one of my jobs when I was going to college was "The Pool Guy" for a community pool for a planned neighborhood. I did general upkeep, chemicals, cleaning, yelled at kids who got out of hand, cleaned the clubhouse, etc...

But my favorite thing about that job was the early morning clean. Dead quiet except for the birds. Good weather. Calm winds. Sun still low on the horizon. There was a "Zen" to the whole thing. The rhythm and precision of vacuuming the pool floor. It was almost like meditation. Is Pool Church a thing?

plat.
    Modern Geometric-ish Social Pool (4'-5'-4') ~13' x 47'. Sun shelf. Perimeter overflow spa. RiverFlow Swimjet. Dog ramp. "Bubble Lounge"©
    Link to my patio build, completed 2013
    Link to my pool build, Aug '15 - Sep '16

17. Back To Top    #17

TFP Guide

[QUOTE=Oklapoolma;976507]Hey Nurseini!! LOL!! As of about 30 minutes ago we are at about 62 degrees...Now question...are you being SERIOUS about swimming next week?

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! 62 degrees...lol guess not! If it stays THIS WARM maybe your water will warm up quick!!
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by platipus View Post

But my favorite thing about that job was the early morning clean. Dead quiet except for the birds. Good weather. Calm winds. Sun still low on the horizon. There was a "Zen" to the whole thing. The rhythm and precision of vacuuming the pool floor. It was almost like meditation. Is Pool Church a thing?
    plat.
    I know that feeling and it's true!

Some folks see cleaning/maintaining a pool as a chore...I don't.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

19. Back To Top    #19

Casey you hit it on the head for me! I just love starting the day first thing with good pool time even if it is vacuuming the pool.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Casey you hit it on the head for me! I just love starting the day first thing with good pool time even if it is vacuuming the pool.

Kim
    My husband thinks I am insane lol

Christina
    ~14,000gal 14x30 IG vinyl, Hayward DE4820 filter (everything else is too old to read lol), TF100 Test Kit, TFPC method
    POOL SCHOOL, ABC'S of WATER CHEMISTRY, POOL MATH, SUPPORT TFP!!, TEST KIT!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast