Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool Owner from TN

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool Owner from TN

Hi Everyone!
    Checking in from TN. My boyfriend and I bought our house in Fall of 2015 and are new to owning a pool. We have a IG salt water pool 15,200 gal. Pentair Pool equipment. I had the pool company walk me through how to use the equipment but i feel like it was information overload. Hopefully i can gain more insight on here
    Learned the hard way in October that the trees surrounding the pool are the devil LOL constantly was scooping the pool to get rid of them.
    Would like to know if we need to run the pool pump 24/7...any advice would be awesome.
    TIA
    Anne

pool.jpg
    2001 pool built-Remodel date unknown-Size of Pool: 15,200 gallons-Salt Water In-Ground Pool-Vinyl liner-Pentair Triton II Sand Filter-Pentair Intellichlor C20 pool cell-Pentair single speed pool pump (i think)-Polaris PB4-60 pressure cleaner booster- 4 way tester

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool Owner from TN

Anne, we're happy you found us. Congrats on the new pool. When you get time, please read the following and keep these references handy as they will serve your pool well chemically:
    Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart
    Poolmath calculator
    Pool School - Recommended Levels
    Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
    Please don't forget the proper test kit as noted below. It is the foundation of water chemistry. Welcome!
    TFTestkits.net
    Pool School - Test Kits Compared
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Anne! HI! SO glad you found us! Pat has you covered for the "homework". It will take some reading and rereading but once you start using it everything will click!

How about you start a thread over at "just getting started". We will get you started off on the right foot!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach