Cleaning Stained Steps

^Nothing really...and not a silly thought...I've done that before with citric acid you buy for preserves...it worked on mild staining without dropping the FC. I've also cleaned up steps with a single bottle of Metal Magic ...poured on top step and brushed. Neither trick is as sure-fire as an AA treatment, but in the case of the bottle of metal magic, I needed to sequester anyway so it was a win win.

Thank you all again. I started the process yesterday since I was off work with a sick 5 year old. It did an amazing job on my steps. I just wish I would have had more AA because there was one spot on the front side it didn't lift the stain. My FC was 1.8ppm when I started and it defiantly killed my chlorine quick. lol I put algaecide in prior to doing it thought. Here is a picture of the steps now.

579B02E2-8AF7-4968-ACC9-729828BDE35D_zpsbozc5viq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Now I just need to clean the top of the steps.. lol

Did the liner/pool look any different? Sometimes iron stains can be subtle and wide spread on a liner and you don't really notice it, then !BANG! you do the AA treatment and your liner looks much better.

Either way, great job!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Did the liner/pool look any different? Sometimes iron stains can be subtle and wide spread on a liner and you don't really notice it, then !BANG! you do the AA treatment and your liner looks much better.

Either way, great job!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Matt to be honest with you the sides look a little darker than the bottom but it didn't seem to do anything. Maybe I needed more AA. I mean I used 3 lbs and did it the way the procedure called for. The only difference was there was some free chlorine in the pool. I may try to get a couple more bottles of Metal Magic and see if that helps. But I really don't remember if the sides looked that way last year. My wife says it looks the same as it did last year so maybe I'm wrong. lol

Ok I'm back with the staining on the steps again!!! ERRRRR Guess I need to repeat the process? I know its metal because I did the vitamin c test again and same thing happened.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.