Water cloudy

lulupalooza

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
Evans, GA
Hey guys!

Ok, pool is all vaccumed out, filter's been running 24/7 for almost a week now and water is still on the slightly cloudy side.

CYA is at 40ish (prefer 50)
ph 7.5
TA 110
CL- not sure, it was dark yellow,(just did the quickie test and not the full out one) and I added 172 oz bleach tonite.

Should I continue to vaccum- even though all debris is out of the pool(there was A LOT pinestraw,pollen)

So I am assuming add more bleach and keep it at shock level about 16 for a few days??? and until my CC read .5 or less? I hope I don't have to add any clarifier.

Hi, Laura,

Have you backwashed? Did you get a pressure drop? what is your current pressure?

It sounds like your filter is a little small for your pool but, yes, keep your FC up until your water is sparkling. A week is a little long for it not to clear. Tell us some more about your filter and pump

Have you done an overnight test? Is your FC holding.... I agree with Dave - some more info on your pump. There's an article in pool school/further reading about adding DE to your sand to help with filtration...you could try that if nothing else seems to work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.