Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Water cloudy

Water cloudy

Hey guys!

Ok, pool is all vaccumed out, filter's been running 24/7 for almost a week now and water is still on the slightly cloudy side.

CYA is at 40ish (prefer 50)
    ph 7.5
    TA 110
    CL- not sure, it was dark yellow,(just did the quickie test and not the full out one) and I added 172 oz bleach tonite.

Should I continue to vaccum- even though all debris is out of the pool(there was A LOT pinestraw,pollen)

So I am assuming add more bleach and keep it at shock level about 16 for a few days??? and until my CC read .5 or less? I hope I don't have to add any clarifier.
    *~ Laura ~*
    27x52 Aquasphere Conquest AGP (approx.17,100 gal)
    1 HP Pentair Dynamo Pump & SD-40 Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit
    BBB User- Salt Added

Senior Member In the Industry

Re: Water cloudy

Hi, Laura,

Have you backwashed? Did you get a pressure drop? what is your current pressure?

It sounds like your filter is a little small for your pool but, yes, keep your FC up until your water is sparkling. A week is a little long for it not to clear. Tell us some more about your filter and pump
    Dave S.
    Site Owner 42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter, No SWG
    TFTestkits owner
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

Re: Water cloudy

Have you done an overnight test? Is your FC holding.... I agree with Dave - some more info on your pump. There's an article in pool school/further reading about adding DE to your sand to help with filtration...you could try that if nothing else seems to work.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com