Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Circupool SJ40

1. Back To Top    #1

Circupool SJ40

Just converted to saltwater. Anyone have a Circupool SJ40? Installation went smoothly. Noticed on startup that the center plate (5 plates in the cell) vibrates slightly over the inlet side of the cell. It is situated over the "up tube" where the water enters the cell. Contacted manufacturer, still awaiting their response. Guess it might not matter as the cell have a 7 year pro-rated warranty. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.
    12,000 gallon, in-ground, Lunar Quartz-Bermuda finish. Pentair Intelliflo Pump and Pentair cartridge filer. Polaris 280 pool sweep. Circupool SJ40 SWG.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Circupool SJ40

I have one also, it does look like it moves just slightly.. I ran mine for 4 months last year and nothing happened, it seemed to move less as time went by and I just opened and did not see it moving at all this year...
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by cowboycasey View Post
    I have one also, it does look like it moves just slightly.. I ran mine for 4 months last year and nothing happened, it seemed to move less as time went by and I just opened and did not see it moving at all this year...
    Great. Thanks. Still awaiting an answer for Circupool, but that might take a while.
    12,000 gallon, in-ground, Lunar Quartz-Bermuda finish. Pentair Intelliflo Pump and Pentair cartridge filer. Polaris 280 pool sweep. Circupool SJ40 SWG.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by cowboycasey View Post
    Talked with the manufacturer today and they informed that the slight vibration is designed to help keep the plates cleaner. It's perfectly normal.

5. Back To Top    #5

not to highjack this thread, but how do you like the SJ40, thinking of getting this rather than the Pentair IC40 for a self installation
    2010 In Ground ~ 12-15,000 Gallon estimated
    ~3 ft shallow ~ 6 ft deep ~38 ft x 17 ft Freeform shape Pebbletec Finish
    2 Drains, 2 Skimmers, Sidewall Vacuum (Not in Use)
    Dolphin Oasis Z5 - PHPF1.0 Pump - Jandy CV340 Filter
    Fort Mill, SC

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

I love mine, it is a simple SWG meaning it has no screens, voltages, watts, it just has an on and off button and 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% setting on it... It has been humming along on its second year so far
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **