Charleston, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-3)
My AquaRite is 2.5 years old and is generating fine (FC is where it should be) but the LED display lights are not working and the display has become very clouded and impossible to read. It is located in a covered area along with the pump and filter. Any thoughts?

Try resetting the display board. If that doesn't work, you will probably need a new display board. What are the first four of the serial number?

Are there ants or other insects in the box?

Thank you Marian.

James, I removed the display board and reseated it yesterday prior to posting and nothing. There are no critters of any kind present. The serial number is 0900. Any insight is appreciated.

I can barely read the first two numbers which is the salt display and it is 35..but the next is indecipherable. 3A13190-...if you need the rest, I'll send you a PM.

The first 3 means that you have a three year warranty. The 13 means that it was manufactured in 2013. Since it was installed within three years, you might be able to get a new display board under warranty.

James,

Many thanks. I had the warranty dealer in my area come out this morning and he had to replace both boards I had to pay $80 service charge, but that is small compared to what the boards would have been. I asked if I should be concerned about needing to have both boards replaced less than 2.5 years after install and he gave two comments: the marine environment I live in is hard on electronics and the second is Hayward has made improvements to the surge protection built in and have added a relay switch in the protection. The SWG was still producing chlorine I just couldn't read the display and none of the power lights would illuminate. Fingers crossed...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.