Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AquaRite generating but no lights will illuminate

1. Back To Top    #1

AquaRite generating but no lights will illuminate

My AquaRite is 2.5 years old and is generating fine (FC is where it should be) but the LED display lights are not working and the display has become very clouded and impossible to read. It is located in a covered area along with the pump and filter. Any thoughts?
    5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AquaRite generating but no lights will illuminate

Anyone?

3. Back To Top    #3

Try resetting the display board. If that doesn't work, you will probably need a new display board. What are the first four of the serial number?

Are there ants or other insects in the box?

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you Marian.

James, I removed the display board and reseated it yesterday prior to posting and nothing. There are no critters of any kind present. The serial number is 0900. Any insight is appreciated.
    5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC

5. Back To Top    #5

The serial number should start with something like 3A13. Is the display black? Can you read any numbers when pushing the diagnostic button?

6. Back To Top    #6

I can barely read the first two numbers which is the salt display and it is 35..but the next is indecipherable. 3A13190-...if you need the rest, I'll send you a PM.

7. Back To Top    #7

The first 3 means that you have a three year warranty. The 13 means that it was manufactured in 2013. Since it was installed within three years, you might be able to get a new display board under warranty.

8. Back To Top    #8

Excellent! Thank you.

9. Back To Top    #9

James,

Many thanks. I had the warranty dealer in my area come out this morning and he had to replace both boards I had to pay $80 service charge, but that is small compared to what the boards would have been. I asked if I should be concerned about needing to have both boards replaced less than 2.5 years after install and he gave two comments: the marine environment I live in is hard on electronics and the second is Hayward has made improvements to the surge protection built in and have added a relay switch in the protection. The SWG was still producing chlorine I just couldn't read the display and none of the power lights would illuminate. Fingers crossed...

10. Back To Top    #10

Good job. Thanks for the update.