Too much water in a new pool

Mar 5, 2016
Corona, CA
This is my first post. We were supposed to fill our pool to halfway of the tile line, which we did, and then fill the spa. We were told the spa would take 12 hours to fill, but it only took less than 2 hours and then was spilling into the pool. We bucketed out about an inch this morning, but is it okay to leave now? When I caught it, there was about an inch of tile still exposed. Thanks!

Welcome to TFP,

There shouldn't be any issue with the level where it is. Just let it level off to where it's spilling into the pool when circulating, and no worries. As for the pool level, Woody has it covered. We were answering at the same time Woody, sorry..

Just so you are clear, the reason people are saying that the higher water level will not allow for good skimming is not due to a mysterious "pool rule". It's just that if the water level is such that it is higher than the top of the inlet inlet area of the skimmer mouth, then floating debris, leaves, pollen, etc. will not be physically able to float into the skimmer to be sucked into the suction pipe at the bottom of it.

So pollen will accumulate on the surface and debris may have more time to become water logged and sink before being captured in the skimmer basket.

It's nothing serious, more of a housekeeping item that you don't want to have on a routine basis. It makes it harder to keep the surface of the water clean. The water is still being filtered regardless, just not the surface of it.

A little wordy but I was in an explanatory mood. If you already knew this just skip along!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.