Bench Jet Vent Overflowing

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Hi, everyone. Today I replaced all the return eyeballs in my pool after resurfacing. The new eyeballs have noticeably smaller outlets than the previous ones so I assume overall pressure would increase. What I didn't realize is my bench has two returns which must be spa jets? There are plumbed air vents in the deck above them. With the new eyeballs (7 ct), these air vents spew water onto the deck because of the higher pressure.

Is there a special type of eyeball/jet to create lower pressure and draw in air from the vents? Thanks!

Just go with some of a bigger size, back to the Orginal.
Thanks! I actually just removed the small opening of those 2 eyeballs and left the outer part. The result seems great. Bubbles up nicely and should help aerate the pool. Just makes a gurgling sound where it sucks in the air.

1e015a3026a04cd2bba987200a6c1d20.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

One other follow-up. If I turn these jet returns off at the pump, pressure at the filter increases drastically (from about 7 to 25psi). Is this ok? Do I need to change the other 5 eyeballs back to larger openings? I have a single speed pump. The force of the returns is much greater but that must be at a cost of increased friction/head and decreased flow.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.