We turned on our pool light for the first time this year tonight and immediately noticed a cloud of dense "particles" floating around the light. Should we assume these are all over the water and we can only see them near the bright light? We were outside shocking the pool because we have been losing chlorine at a fast rate. The chlorine loss from last night (after shocking) to this morning was 4.5! I shocked (16, CYA is 40ish) only once during the day (all I had time for) and the chlorine was back down to 7 tonight. The pool cover was also closed most of the day due to 30 mph winds. We were trying to keep out the debris since we live on a wooded lot. We have been in the process, for the last two weeks, of getting our TA down. It was 225 and is now 110. PH tonight was 7.4 and we are still aerating. Obviously something is going on, but the pool water looks so good and clear. Any ideas what this is?