Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: No pool cover, opening and TFP :)

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

No pool cover, opening and TFP :)

Hey everyone, Just opened the pool from the winter slumber and wanted to share what I did..

First, I closed the pool by dropping the water below skimmer and installed custom made PVC Pipes to keep all connections above the water line during the winter. I also opted not to use a cover to see if it would work for me and how the TFP method would make it through the winter. I brought the water to SLAM level before closing, the temp was below 60 degrees and closer to 50 degrees before I closed..

When opened
    FC 3 , added to bring to FC 15
    PH 7.4
    TA 50
    CYA 70
    Salt 3800

This is what it looked like when I opened and some of the new "tools" I used

After 24 hours of pump time on high, AHHH there's that TFP look

Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: No pool cover, opening and TFP :)

Dang....looks goooood! Great job dude
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

OH MY! That is as clear as water I have ever seen! You did good!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Nice pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Congrats!

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Thanks everyone

I am wondering if this "method" would work for many people/pools in the bottom of the states... I don't think it would work very well if you had many tree's or junk around you..

It was nice getting free fill water
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

8. Back To Top    #8

Mine looked just as clear when opening last year, with cover, but that wasn't until Memorial Day! Can't believe you open your pool so early. I'm Jealous!!!
    Doughboy 12' x 20' Saphire semi-AG, Installed 2012
    Waterway 1.5 HP 2 speed, 100 sqft cartridge filter
    Aprox 7000 Gal, Full sun, 85K heat pump,
    TF-100 test kit

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Dont be to jealous its still 60 degrees in there, my butt will not be any where near getting in

10. Back To Top    #10

Ha! I open my pool early (April 15), just so I can admire the water. We have to crank the heater for our Memorial Day kick-off!