Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: No pool cover, opening and TFP :)

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

No pool cover, opening and TFP :)

Hey everyone, Just opened the pool from the winter slumber and wanted to share what I did..

First, I closed the pool by dropping the water below skimmer and installed custom made PVC Pipes to keep all connections above the water line during the winter. I also opted not to use a cover to see if it would work for me and how the TFP method would make it through the winter. I brought the water to SLAM level before closing, the temp was below 60 degrees and closer to 50 degrees before I closed..

When opened
    FC 3 , added to bring to FC 15
    PH 7.4
    TA 50
    CYA 70
    Salt 3800

This is what it looked like when I opened and some of the new "tools" I used

After 24 hours of pump time on high, AHHH there's that TFP look

Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: No pool cover, opening and TFP :)

Dang....looks goooood! Great job dude
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

OH MY! That is as clear as water I have ever seen! You did good!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Nice pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Congrats!

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Thanks everyone

I am wondering if this "method" would work for many people/pools in the bottom of the states... I don't think it would work very well if you had many tree's or junk around you..

It was nice getting free fill water
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

8. Back To Top    #8

Mine looked just as clear when opening last year, with cover, but that wasn't until Memorial Day! Can't believe you open your pool so early. I'm Jealous!!!
    Doughboy 12' x 20' Saphire semi-AG, Installed 2012
    Waterway 1.5 HP 2 speed, 100 sqft cartridge filter
    Aprox 7000 Gal, Full sun, 85K heat pump,
    TF-100 test kit

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Dont be to jealous its still 60 degrees in there, my butt will not be any where near getting in

10. Back To Top    #10

Ha! I open my pool early (April 15), just so I can admire the water. We have to crank the heater for our Memorial Day kick-off!