Requirements to build a pool????

Mar 4, 2016
Ontario
Hi, It's only month before I started residing in my new house at Boston. This is an old building with lot of outdoor space. I'm planning to design the outdoor space with a swimming pool. But I'm not sure if that's possible in my area. So may I know the requirements to install a pool? What all different kinds of pool are there? If possible could anyone share their experience in building a pool in terms of the cost, and to which company was the contract given? It would be better if someone suggest a company near Boston. Thanks in advance!!!

HI! I see so time spent at your permit office for sure! Best to find out if you can put in a pool first.

The kinds are: Above ground and in ground

in ground=vinyl lined or plaster or tiled

Once you find out IF you can have a pool let us know and we can help you about what kind will work best for you.

Kim

Welcome to TFP!

I agree that a visit to the city permit office is a great place to start. Inground pool choices are vinyl, gunite/plaster or fiberglass. Visit with some pool builders in the area to learn the pros and cons for each in the area. We've seen some Boston area pool builds here. Look at threads in the Under Construction forum or search. Hopefully some Bostonians will come along to add more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.