New Pool Build Pearland, TX (Houston area)

We tried to move the spa a lot closer to the sun shelf, but it didn't look right so we didn't move it that much. Just enough to allow 5' of weeping wall on each side of the 3 ton water fall so the kids could have stepping steps up to it and jump off the flat rocks on top.

Any advice on 2 pool LED and 1 spa LED locations? Also where do you think we should add umbrella sleeves (1 in sun shelf, 1 near spa, 2 on left side of patio, any more?)?

First light-see where the arrow is pointing that say 2'7" on the left side of the spa? That is where I would put one. Reasons: it is not point right at anyone's eyes in the swim lane, it will light up the shelf and hopefully the steps BUT it could be pointed right in the eyes of anyone sitting on the bench but they can always move over if that is a problem.

Second light-where the bench by the waterfall connects to the spa wall. Reasons: again no eye problems with the swim lane and it will help light up the water fall and such.

Dreams and wishes light for me: IN the waterfall to high light it!

Kim

We tried to move the spa a lot closer to the sun shelf, but it didn't look right so we didn't move it that much. Just enough to allow 5' of weeping wall on each side of the 3 ton water fall so the kids could have stepping steps up to it and jump off the flat rocks on top.

Any advice on 2 pool LED and 1 spa LED locations? Also where do you think we should add umbrella sleeves (1 in sun shelf, 1 near spa, 2 on left side of patio, any more?)?

Agree with Kim. For the umbrella sleeves, I'd go stand outside in the middle of a sunny day anywhere furniture might fit or where you might want to be near the pool. Evaluate where the sun plays in your yard at different times and plan your sleeves accordingly.

I saw a pool today and she said her one regret was not doing that and asking for more umbrella sleeves.

Agree with Kim. For the umbrella sleeves, I'd go stand outside in the middle of a sunny day anywhere furniture might fit or where you might want to be near the pool. Evaluate where the sun plays in your yard at different times and plan your sleeves accordingly.

I saw a pool today and she said her one regret was not doing that and asking for more umbrella sleeves.

Great idea, will definitely do that.

First light-see where the arrow is pointing that say 2'7" on the left side of the spa? That is where I would put one. Reasons: it is not point right at anyone's eyes in the swim lane, it will light up the shelf and hopefully the steps BUT it could be pointed right in the eyes of anyone sitting on the bench but they can always move over if that is a problem.

Second light-where the bench by the waterfall connects to the spa wall. Reasons: again no eye problems with the swim lane and it will help light up the water fall and such.

Dreams and wishes light for me: IN the waterfall to high light it!

Kim

Placements sound great. Waterfall lights are on our wishlist. :)

Contract signed yesterday! :)

Tentatively picked our finishes: Quartzscape Tahoe Blue plaster, silver travertine coping and split face spa surround, water tile trident turquoise, 1" inner spa edge tile.

Far right is the Tahoe Blue

Some dark colors in the travertine to match the chocolate moss rock waterfall. Plaster sample is Blue, but we think we'll be paying to upgrade to Tahoe Blue in the above photo.

This arctic lagoon (which is similar to the one platipus choose) may be a contender for the inner spa edge tile.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks everyone. I'm catching up on some builds now and when I see their tile choices I think "Oh, that is beautiful. Will that one be better for us instead?" LOL. :) Our PB said they will let us know when they need a final decision on it. :)

Love all of the tile!!

We ended up driving to Noble Tile to look at a large quantity (in the sun) of the tile we originally chose because we knew it would have a lot of variation. So glad we did--the tile we selected had a lot of orangey-brown in many of the other pieces that just weren't apparent in the one sample piece we saw. We ended up picking new tile, and I absolutely love it, so that trip was worth it for us. However, if the tile we chose had not had a lot of variation, we would not have felt the need to do that!

Looks great!! I love those colors. We went to Thorntree off the beltway and looked in their showroom. Came home with several samples too. Very worth it to actually see a showroom. I was surprised at just how much variation there can be. There was one split face style I really liked of a natural stone with lots of neutral colors and then when I saw a sample it had prices in it with green! It's good to go see a place where you can see all the variations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love all of the tile!!

We ended up driving to Noble Tile to look at a large quantity (in the sun) of the tile we originally chose because we knew it would have a lot of variation. So glad we did--the tile we selected had a lot of orangey-brown in many of the other pieces that just weren't apparent in the one sample piece we saw. We ended up picking new tile, and I absolutely love it, so that trip was worth it for us. However, if the tile we chose had not had a lot of variation, we would not have felt the need to do that!

Looks great!! I love those colors. We went to Thorntree off the beltway and looked in their showroom. Came home with several samples too. Very worth it to actually see a showroom. I was surprised at just how much variation there can be. There was one split face style I really liked of a natural stone with lots of neutral colors and then when I saw a sample it had prices in it with green! It's good to go see a place where you can see all the variations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, wonder if we should see a wall of it too and not just one sample tile. Our PB had lots of sample tiles in their showroom on their property and are putting together a list of pools for me to see each one in person on a pool. Hopefully someone had chosen each of the tiles on a pool.

Signed the HEL papers yesterday, should get the $ on Monday! Off to run to the HOA and give them the pool deposit check. It is a 40 min drive out there, but I want them to start the review asap. The deposit is $1000! Hefty, but is refundable as long as you put your yard/access point outside your fence nice again (sod, plants, sidewalk, etc.).

Oh, wonder if we should see a wall of it too and not just one sample tile. Our PB had lots of sample tiles in their showroom on their property and are putting together a list of pools for me to see each one in person on a pool. Hopefully someone had chosen each of the tiles on a pool.

Signed the HEL papers yesterday, should get the $ on Monday! Off to run to the HOA and give them the pool deposit check. It is a 40 min drive out there, but I want them to start the review asap. The deposit is $1000! Hefty, but is refundable as long as you put your yard/access point outside your fence nice again (sod, plants, sidewalk, etc.).

Your HOA requirements are the same as ours. Definitely good to see the choices on a pool! Even better than in a gallery showroom!

Who is your PB again?

new member here, awesome to see your design, I also am in pearland, our utility marking has been done 2weeks ago and but still waiting on the city permit.... which is taking long, they must be busy... do you have the permit already?

new member here, awesome to see your design, I also am in pearland, our utility marking has been done 2weeks ago and but still waiting on the city permit.... which is taking long, they must be busy... do you have the permit already?

We are in Pearland's ETJ, so actually Brazoria County and no permits required. Hope you receive yours soon. :)

Received HOA approval within a week of submittal, so I think it caught PB by surprise. Waiting on utility marking, hopefully Monday. Playstructure comes down today. Weather doesn't look good for next week, but hopefully we can start soon.

that's good news! utility company came out again yesterday and did their markings again and got me to thinking there might be an issue, after calling PB he said it is normal for them to come out every 10days to make sure markings are still there and not faited out or move somebody moved them.... it was a relieve to hear that.... he said permit should be ready soon, if ready by Monday the digging should start this week also... but like you said weather forecast is not cooperating hopefully it changes...

Fire, we used the same Mastertile glass tile and travertine in our build. Good choices! We never got to NPT because they weren't open on Saturdays (who ever heard of that!) until March and we had to pick ours before then.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.