Scupper opinions, please

Nursenini

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Sep 22, 2015
Bixby, Ok
This is what my wall is going to look like with the fire bowls on the pedestals at the ends. It will have 3 scuppers, not the 3 sheer descents pictured as I prefer a more broken stream of water.

This is the catalogue from which I have to choose:

http://www.bobewaterandfire.com/

I'm having trouble deciding on which scuppers to choose. Opinions and input regarding the scuppers you have would be appreciated.

Pictures of your scuppers in action are welcome!

Thank you!

image_zpsswwu0rdb.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Assuming I had a limitless checkbook....

I like the Smooth Flow Radius scuppers either in hammered copper or oil-rubbed bronze.

And, just to be unique and different, I also like the wall Mounted Bowls too, especially if they could mounted in such a way as to be filled with smooth, flat river stones as I think the bowls and the stones would compliment the rock wall and fire bowls.

I like the wall monted bowls as well (one of my choices), but I'm concerned about the size. The smallest they come is 12"w x 7" H The wall is 9' long (13' with the added pedestals) but only 18" high. I'm afraid it might not be tall enough for those.

I laid out some tape measures and folded some paper to simulate the dimensions. (Don't mind the carpet... Inside gets done once the yard is completed!)

image_zpsevvenogd.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Can we get some bronze statues of roman gods for the middle between the bowls?

A miniature replica of Michelangelo's David would work .... Fig leaf optional :shock:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

The perspective looks off on this but they are 18" apart and 18" from each end. Also this puts them at the very top of the wall.
Not sure if this would look good in real life.

image_zpsqz2upbvp.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Can we get some bronze statues of roman gods for the middle between the bowls?

A miniature replica of Michelangelo's David would work .... Fig leaf optional :shock:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

I was kinda thinking along the lines of the Pieta...too much, maybe?

Or maybe just a peeing cherub..

Depends on how splashy you want them to sound. The higher the drop, the more noise and splash they make. Are you looking a sheer look with a clean entry into the water or lots of bubbly water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
First lets pick the color:

1. oil rubbed bronze

2.hammered copper IF it will NOT turn green (I forget the word for it)

3. a MAYBE black

I do not like the stainless or the plain copper

Okay now the shape:

I like the bowls as well but understand what you are saying about the size AND unless they are higher up on the wall they will not have the broken water look you like.

** WINNER for me is..........cannon scupper with Escutcheon plate!!!!

next would be the Cannon scupper without the plate

I do not care for the box scuppers.

So there ya go! Use as you like or not.......thanks for letting me help pick out your pretties!

Kim

Patina....the word you're looking for is patina.

Patina -

—noun

--a film or incrustation, usually green, produced by oxidation on the surface of old bronze and often esteemed as being of ornamental value.

--a similar film or coloring appearing gradually on some other substance.

--a surface calcification of implements, usually indicating great age.

I just love my Dictionary.com iPhone app...

First lets pick the color:

1. oil rubbed bronze

3. a MAYBE black

I do not like the stainless or the plain copper

Okay now the shape:

I like the bowls as well but understand what you are saying about the size AND unless they are higher up on the wall they will not have the broken water look you like.

** WINNER for me is..........cannon scupper with Escutcheon plate!!!!

next would be the Cannon scupper without the plate

I do not care for the box scuppers.

So there ya go! Use as you like or not.......thanks for letting me help pick out your pretties!

Kim

YES! My first pick IS the oil rubbed bronze.
Although I like the patina of the copper when it turns, I don't think it will go with my overall look. However, I do like the hammered copper 2nd.
Eh, on the black and PB told me no stainless as it doesn't do well with salt. I think the catalogue says that as well.

I'll have to to look at the cannons again....hmmm

At least we have the color out of the way!

Thanks for playing!!

- - - Updated - - -

Patina....the word you're looking for is patina.

Patina -

—noun

--a film or incrustation, usually green, produced by oxidation on the surface of old bronze and often esteemed as being of ornamental value.

--a similar film or coloring appearing gradually on some other substance.

--a surface calcification of implements, usually indicating great age.

I just love my Dictionary.com iPhone app...

We were typing at the same time! You are just faster!

Matt, the radius are another that I like

One of my thoughts is maybe not get something that could cut someone when they inevitably get run into. The radius and cannon look like might cause some damage. Wouldn't want blood in the water to mess up my chemical balance.

But, then again, just like a hot stove, people will learn to be careful, I guess.

Matt, the radius are another that I like

One of my thoughts is maybe not get something that could cut someone when they inevitably get run into. The radius and cannon look like might cause some damage. Wouldn't want blood in the water to mess up my chemical balance.

But, then again, just like a hot stove, people will learn to be careful, I guess.

It's a balance. You need to build what you want and make others conform to your rules.

You have to assume people (kids mostly) are going to do stupid things like try to hang on the scuppers or swing from them or sit on them (or pee on them...yep, there's something about swimming pools that make all little boys think the local landscaping is their personal urinal). So you just need to set boundaries about what is and what is not appropriate pool behavior and the consequence is you lose the privilege of swimming in the pool when you break the rules. Believe, one hot day sitting on the deck while everyone else plays in the water is all it will take to correct poor choices.

As for blood in the water, unless someone severs a leg and bleeds out into your pool, blood is not an issue....well, the person getting the 15 stitches in their head from Denise's kitchen table triage will definitely think it's an issue. The pool water, not so much.

Matt

True, true! Nini will definately have rules! And I have already been warned that the boys will most likely be peeing around the side of the house (nothing grows there anyway ;) )

The blood and water chemistry was just a joke... I more imagine teasing the bleeder that a shark is gonna come get them! I can hear the screams now! Lol!

Kitchen table triage...I like how that sounds! Could be fun! (Says the ICU nurse who sees LOTS of "fun stuff", that really isn't fun for the patient)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.