Viva las vegas!

Mar 2, 2016
Las Vegas
Hello TFP!

My pool and I reside in sunny Las Vegas, but my health is much better than my pool's. I am guilty of severe pool neglect but after stumbling upon this site trying to figure out how to avoid getting ripped off my the pool stores, I am eager to get this baby back to good! Wife thinks I'm crazy but I'm tired of throwing money(that I don't have much of) at problems that are likely preventable. Thanks in advance!

20160303_103109.jpg

Here's a link to an album of my pool equipment:https://goo.gl/photos/hzxeJE4d5Nwdcatr5

Last edited:
Hello Vegas and welcome to TFP. Here's a quick snapshot of links you'll always want to have handy:
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart
Poolmath calculator
Pool School - Recommended Levels
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
TFTestkits.net
Pool School - Test Kits Compared

Please start with he right test kit - either the TF-100 or Taylor K-2006. I can vouch for the TF-100, it's great. Your green water warrants a SLAM, so start reading that link so you're ready. Until then, just add about one gallon of regular bleach today, and about 1/2 gallon each day after that until you can test accurately. Put nothing else in the water right now - no pool store miracle products or anything. Just regular bleach. IF you have tablets/pucks in there, remove them as well.

You are absolutely in the right place to take charge of your pool. We'll be glad to help and are happy you found us.