Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Viva las vegas!

1. Back To Top    #1

Las Vegas

Viva las vegas!

Hello TFP!

My pool and I reside in sunny Las Vegas, but my health is much better than my pool's. I am guilty of severe pool neglect but after stumbling upon this site trying to figure out how to avoid getting ripped off my the pool stores, I am eager to get this baby back to good! Wife thinks I'm crazy but I'm tired of throwing money(that I don't have much of) at problems that are likely preventable. Thanks in advance!

Here's a link to an album of my pool equipment:
    Last edited by oneinsider; 03-03-2016 at 03:07 PM. Reason: add link to photos
    12-15K IG Plaster
    1.5HP Jandy Stealth pump
    Sta Rite S7M400 filter w/ brand new cartridge filters
    5yo Hayward Navigator completely replaced 95% of parts

2. Back To Top    #2
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Re: Viva las vegas!

Hello Vegas and welcome to TFP. Here's a quick snapshot of links you'll always want to have handy:
    Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart
    Poolmath calculator
    Pool School - Recommended Levels
    Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
    Pool School - Test Kits Compared

Please start with he right test kit - either the TF-100 or Taylor K-2006. I can vouch for the TF-100, it's great. Your green water warrants a SLAM, so start reading that link so you're ready. Until then, just add about one gallon of regular bleach today, and about 1/2 gallon each day after that until you can test accurately. Put nothing else in the water right now - no pool store miracle products or anything. Just regular bleach. IF you have tablets/pucks in there, remove them as well.

You are absolutely in the right place to take charge of your pool. We'll be glad to help and are happy you found us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Be assured your in the right Hands with TFP AND Texas Splash! Has you covered for sure. Get that test kit, stay out of pool stores and you'll be good to go!
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

4. Back To Top    #4
    East Texas

Yep-----------we can fix that! Welcome.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Northern IL

Easy-peasy once you get a good testkit!!! It will pay for itself over and over!!!!
    27K IG rectangular; vinyl liner; sand filter; 1hp pump; auto-cover; heater; K-2006.

6. Back To Top    #6

Houston tx

And they have free shipping!
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop