nlindelldc

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 21, 2015
Corpus Christi, Texas
Before my pool was ever finished, I had already decided that I wanted to add Borates to my pool because of everything that I have read on here. Well after 6 months or so of using Borates (I used Boric Acid from DudaDiesel), I checked my Borate level and it wad down to 30. (I had a hunch on this because my CYA had also dropped to 30 from 50).

Anyway, I went ahead and ordered more Boric Acid just because, but here's the thing: I honestly couldn't tell any difference between with or without Borates. The water really doesn't "sparkle" any more than it usually does (I keep my pool pretty clean), and I haven't really noticed any buffering advantages either. (I add about half a gallon of MA every 2-3 months or so). So I think this will be my last time buying Borates, especially if I really don't notice a difference.

Anyone else have this experience? I'm starting to wonder if it's psychological :D

Sure, it might be. I was pretty happy with borates when I added them a few years ago and I have maintained them ever since. I just do Borax and MA. They also say they help with bugs in the pool. I have some bugs but not lots. My PH still rises but maybe less and my water is very sparkly. You can be the experiment for without borates and I'll be the experiment for keeping them!

Sure, it might be. I was pretty happy with borates when I added them a few years ago and I have maintained them ever since. I just do Borax and MA. They also say they help with bugs in the pool. I have some bugs but not lots. My PH still rises but maybe less and my water is very sparkly. You can be the experiment for without borates and I'll be the experiment for keeping them!

Haha, sounds good pooldv :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.