Do Intex sand filter pumps come with plungers and large inlets/ strainers?

mikepier

Mar 1, 2016
Wantagh, NY
Greeting, first time poster. Thanks to this forum and a lot of great ideas, I am excited to update my Intex 14X42 Ultra frame pool this summer with a Hayward Skimmer and Intex sand filter pump.

I think I a have settled on a 2150 GPH pump for my needs , but there seems to be some confusion as to what accessories these pumps come with. I have seen different models of what looks like the same pump, Model 28647EG, and SF 70110 seem to be the same, some reviews say it comes with the plungers and larger inlets, some don't.
Can someone tell me if these pumps do come with accessories , or is there a certain model number I should be looking at?

Attachments

• intex pool 1.jpg
    intex pool 1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 112
Welcome to TFP!

Glad to hear you are excited about some nifty pool upgrades! Have fun!

Hopefully someone with one of these filters will be along soon to answer your question.

My next door neighbor has a Intex pool. He originally had the cartridge filter which did NOT have the plunger valves installed. He purchased a "Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 2800 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI" off Amazon which he had me install. It did NOT come with the plunger valves or larger inlets. It also didn't come with the needed Type B adapters which allow you to hook the larger hose to the smaller ports on the pool. He ordered the Type B adapters and I installed the new pump/filter withOUT the plunger valves using the Type B adapters.

I still have no clue wth they are for.

Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 2800 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI Amazon.com : Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools, 2800 GPH Pump Flow Rate, 110-120V with GFCI : Swimming Pool Sand Filters : Patio, Lawn Garden

Wayne

Thanks, I think the Plunger valves just close off flow into the hoses, but I really do not need them since I plan on hard piping my set up with regular gate valves.

As far as the B adaptors, I read I might need those special "box" adaptors to hook up the PVC pipe to the B adaptors, correct?

Thanks for the you tube link. Wondering why in the first video I do not see a skimmer?

Also speaking of Skimmers, I will cut in a Hayward skimmer this year. I have a question as to how high can you mount this on the pool wall?

Reason I ask is that if you look at my pic on top, the concrete is sloped from right to left, away from my house. So there is approx. a 2 " diff in water level.

I am putting filter and pump on deep end on the upper left of the picture by fence. If it's true that I can only fill water halfway up skimmer and loose a few inches water, it will be greatly exaggerated on the shallow end. So my options are mounting skimmer on shallow end opposite of the pump ( which I did not want to do) or mount skimmer high up on deep end. Can gasket be put above grey part of liner where stitching is? ( above the squares) Or can I fill water to top skimmer so I can keep same depth of water?

We installed a sand filter on our pool a few days ago and it did not come with the plunger valves but it did come with the adapters needed. I had read it didn't come with the adapters so I ordered them and now have two sets.
I too am trying to figure out a solution for a skimmer but do not want to cut one into the pool. May not have any other options but it won't happen this year. They do sell a cheap crappy looking wall mount one from intex that I thought would work in the mean time but the adapter to hook up to the inlet nozzle is too small to fit mine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.