I'm looking for advice on whether or not my pump flow & pressure is too low. I don't have enough experience on what 'normal' looks like, so would appreciate some advice.
(Sorry for the metric units here)
- My pool is below ground, 11x2.4x1.3m in size and about 33,000 cubic liters
- The pump is somewhere between 20 and 30 meters from two eyeball socket jets
- The pressure from the jets feels low - I can cover both easily with my hands, and when the pump is on it barely disturbs the surface of the water. I feel like the when the pool was first installed the pressure was higher, and you could see the pump was on by the disturbance the jets made on the surface of the water.
- Suction when I vacuum the pool is ok(ish) (the suction point is the other end of the pool - so 11 meters closer to the pump). I have to vacuum slowly to suck stuff up.
- The pressure on the filter usually sits between 150 to 175 KPA, depending on when I've cleaned the cartridge. It drops to 50 KPA if I remove the filter entirely.
- The cartridge is really clean - including between the pleats, I don't think this is a problem. I purchased some product, soaked it for a week and sprayed it out with a high pressure hose
- The pump is a Hurlcon/Astral CTX400 Pump (Hurlcon/Astral CTX400 Pump)
1. Is the pressure too low to efficiently clean the pool water?
2. If so, would I be better off moving the pump closer to the pool, or buying a bigger pump? (or both?)