Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Blue Springs, MO

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Blue Springs, MO

I'm obviously new here, and am having my pool installed this week, or next. I figured I'd dive in and say hi to everyone, and introduce myself.
    This is my second pool, but I've learned from my first experience, and am doing things quite a bit different. I have a great contractor (at least he was on the last build - lol), and am excited to get back in the pool. Anyway, I look forward to learning from others experiences, and "tips and tricks"
    16x36 inground pool - 8.5 deep, 3.5' shallow vinyl - Pentair VS 011018 Pump, Hayward 72 SQ FT Pro-Grid Vertical Grid In Ground Pool DE Filter, Easytouch 520705 (with IC40 SWG), Pentair Mastertemp 300 (460734)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from Blue Springs, MO

Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks!!!

16x36 inground pool - 8.5 deep, 3.5' shallow vinyl - Pentair VS 011018 Pump, Hayward 72 SQ FT Pro-Grid Vertical Grid In Ground Pool DE Filter, Easytouch 520705 (with IC40 SWG), Pentair Mastertemp 300 (460734)

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks! I have to admit, my nerves are a little on edge right now. The whole construction process can be pretty stressful - and I've been told I have issues with anxiety and control, lol (sorry, not kidding).

I appreciate the welcome to the forum

6. Back To Top    #6

Control and anxiety issues? You'll fit right in. We're all on meds here.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

7. Back To Top    #7

LOL our med is TFP! LOL we have everything you need right here.

Now I have a job for you......Go to "under const" and start a build thread. Make your title stand out (do NOT use the word another LOL). Take a pic of where the pool is going and any designs you have already. You can also list your equipment and we will help you with that also. You can use Photo bucket to add the pics.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

I have started a new thread in Under Construction. Thanks for the welcome all! I'm actually geeking out about the water chemistry I've been reading about here. If I was a little smarter, I'd have been stocking up on 20 team Borax while waiting for my pool to be installed, lol.