Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Well this was a first

1. Back To Top    #1
    NW Ohio

Well this was a first

Was walking through the pool supply aisle at Menards and saw this:

Looks like they are getting a bit fancy with their CYA label.

Edit: forgive the bad picture, was on a high shelf and I am a bit short. It says "Chlorine Stabilizer and Conditioner"

From my HTC One via Tapatalk
    JD - 28' Round Above Ground Pool, 17,000 Gallons. Dual speed Jacuzzi pump with cartridge filter.
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

2. Back To Top    #2
    Northern IL

Re: Well this was a first

Good luck with that, Menard's! How many consumers know what the chemical composition of CYA is??? And I am afraid people may just buy it thinking it will improve their water. Oh! More new TFP members with high CYA levels. Oh dear...
    27K IG rectangular; vinyl liner; sand filter; 1hp pump; auto-cover; heater; K-2006.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Well this was a first

Ok, I googled that.

Triazine derivatives
    N- and C-substituted triazines are used industrially. The most common derivative of 1,3,5-triazine is 2,4,6-triamino-1,3,5-triazine, commonly known as melamine or cyanuramide. Another important derivative is 2,4,6-trihydroxy-1,3,5-triazine better known as cyanuric acid.

I wonder why in the wide, wide world of sports they are calling it that instead.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach