Hello from the Houston Area

Chris19D

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 28, 2015
Cypress, Texas
Greetings forum!

My name is Chris and recently had a new pool built and wanted to say thank you for all of the support that this site has given me (I've been a silent lurker for a few months) during our start up (12/15) and running through this winter.

So far I am keeping my pool in line with the TFP recommendations and have not had any issues so far. I test FC and PH daily with my TF-100 and CYA, TA, and CH a few times a week. I use only 8.25% bleach and have gotten away from the pucks the PB started it up with.

Here is what I try and maintain.

FC - 6
CC - 0.5
PH - 7.6
TA - 90
CYA - 50

I'll try and get some pictures up soon but really wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce myself. I'm on here daily reading and learning and hope to be able to contribute as I gain experience. This is our first pool ever so I didn't have any bad habits to start with and with the help of TFP I shouldn't gain any bad habits in the future.

Hi. We are in Pearland too and just meeting with pool builders and outdoor patio companies. Your pool decription sounds great! Any builder recommendations for our area? Feel free to PM me if posting is not allowed. Hoping to learn a lot here too. Thanks.

Hey, I appreciate the kind words everyone!

I'm a newb to this forum but have been utilizing the power of messageboards for many many years. I am a member of quite a few car club forums and this place (by far) is the nicest, most helpful bunch I have ever run into - and I used to HOST one myself! haha ;)

This veteran salutes you back, Texas Splash! :salut:

Please keep me kimkats! :cheers:

- - - Updated - - -

Hi. We are in Pearland too and just meeting with pool builders and outdoor patio companies. Your pool decription sounds great! Any builder recommendations for our area? Feel free to PM me if posting is not allowed. Hoping to learn a lot here too. Thanks.

Hey firehunter, I just sent you a PM!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you all for the kind words - we are really looking forward to some summer swimming! The hot tub gets used about 5 times per week and we have heated the pool for some swimming 3 times but no full swim days...yet!

They're coming and will be here soon (especially in the Houston area).

Really appreciate the comments!

Hi Chris!
Just catching up on some of the new threads...I've been working a lot and not on as much as I'd like...

Beautiful pool!! I was originally doing 2 fire/water bowls as well but opted for a water feature wall with scuppers and 2 future fire bowls. It's a little more affordable for me this way. I hope to have the bowls by fall.
All of that to say, I have some questions for you, if you don't mind....What brand are your bowls? Are they automatic or manual? Metal or cement? What color are the bowls? Is your glass iridescent, and what is the size/shape of the pieces and color? How much glass do you need to fill the bowls?
Thanks for your time!
oh, and if you have any closeup pictures of the bowls that would be AMAZING!!

Denise

Welcome to TFP Chris. Fantastic pool! Hope you are enjoying your stay here at TFP!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support