Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from the Houston Area

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from the Houston Area

Greetings forum!

My name is Chris and recently had a new pool built and wanted to say thank you for all of the support that this site has given me (I've been a silent lurker for a few months) during our start up (12/15) and running through this winter.

So far I am keeping my pool in line with the TFP recommendations and have not had any issues so far. I test FC and PH daily with my TF-100 and CYA, TA, and CH a few times a week. I use only 8.25% bleach and have gotten away from the pucks the PB started it up with.

Here is what I try and maintain.

FC - 6
    CC - 0.5
    PH - 7.6
    TA - 90
    CYA - 50

I'll try and get some pictures up soon but really wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce myself. I'm on here daily reading and learning and hope to be able to contribute as I gain experience. This is our first pool ever so I didn't have any bad habits to start with and with the help of TFP I shouldn't gain any bad habits in the future.
    ~Chris - 20,000 gallons free-form gunite / Pebbletec, Aquapure 1400 SWG, 2 HP Jandy VS Main Pool Pump, 2 HP Jandy Water feature Pump, 580 Jandy cartridge filter, Dolphin M500, TF-100 w/Speedstir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from the Houston Area

Welcome Conn....seems like your lurking paid off! And yes, we LOVE pics!
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

3. Back To Top    #3

Holy smokes! You're ahead of the game and making us proud. I salute you. Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Hi. We are in Pearland too and just meeting with pool builders and outdoor patio companies. Your pool decription sounds great! Any builder recommendations for our area? Feel free to PM me if posting is not allowed. Hoping to learn a lot here too. Thanks.

5. Back To Top    #5

Hey everyone did you notice he is ALSO a supporter! Has a test kit and knows how to use it AND is going to share pictures! WOW!

Can we keep him??????? LOL

HUGS and great start!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to TFP and nice work!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

7. Back To Top    #7

Hey, I appreciate the kind words everyone!

I'm a newb to this forum but have been utilizing the power of messageboards for many many years. I am a member of quite a few car club forums and this place (by far) is the nicest, most helpful bunch I have ever run into - and I used to HOST one myself! haha

This veteran salutes you back, Texas Splash!

Please keep me kimkats!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by firehunter View Post
    Hi. We are in Pearland too and just meeting with pool builders and outdoor patio companies. Your pool decription sounds great! Any builder recommendations for our area? Feel free to PM me if posting is not allowed. Hoping to learn a lot here too. Thanks.
    Hey firehunter, I just sent you a PM!
    ~Chris - 20,000 gallons free-form gunite / Pebbletec, Aquapure 1400 SWG, 2 HP Jandy VS Main Pool Pump, 2 HP Jandy Water feature Pump, 580 Jandy cartridge filter, Dolphin M500, TF-100 w/Speedstir.

8. Back To Top    #8

hehe see we are keeping you AND putting you to work!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    hehe see we are keeping you AND putting you to work!

Kim
    Just show me where the broom is and I'll sweep up or mow the grass - whatever the forum needs. haha

10. Back To Top    #10

Okay, here are a couple of pics of the pool.

- - - Updated - - -

And one from the drone...

11. Back To Top    #11

Holy smokes that is crystal clear. Very nice. I like the Google Earth shot as well. Unless you were on jet packs. Wait ... drone? I need to get one.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

12. Back To Top    #12

Thanks Pat! The drone is a cool toy.

13. Back To Top    #13

Love it!!!
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

14. Back To Top    #14

That night shot looks like a professional magazine layout shot! NICE! LOVE the color of the pool! I see you got glass beads AND shells-BLING! Do they sparkle in the sun?

Kim

15. Back To Top    #15

That's a great looking pool!
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

16. Back To Top    #16

Beautiful...now I'm seriously jealous!
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

17. Back To Top    #17

Thank you all for the kind words - we are really looking forward to some summer swimming! The hot tub gets used about 5 times per week and we have heated the pool for some swimming 3 times but no full swim days...yet!

They're coming and will be here soon (especially in the Houston area).

Really appreciate the comments!

18. Back To Top    #18

Wow! Beautiful pool!

19. Back To Top    #19

TFP Guide

Hi Chris!
    Just catching up on some of the new threads...I've been working a lot and not on as much as I'd like...

Beautiful pool!! I was originally doing 2 fire/water bowls as well but opted for a water feature wall with scuppers and 2 future fire bowls. It's a little more affordable for me this way. I hope to have the bowls by fall.
    All of that to say, I have some questions for you, if you don't mind....What brand are your bowls? Are they automatic or manual? Metal or cement? What color are the bowls? Is your glass iridescent, and what is the size/shape of the pieces and color? How much glass do you need to fill the bowls?
    Thanks for your time!
    oh, and if you have any closeup pictures of the bowls that would be AMAZING!!

Denise
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

20. Back To Top    #20

Welcome to TFP Chris. Fantastic pool! Hope you are enjoying your stay here at TFP!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast