Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Have polaris in pool - how do I clean spa ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Have polaris in pool - how do I clean spa ?

New pool owner
    Simple crazy question

previous owner left no hose for manual vacuuming the spa or pool

how do I get the debris and stuff out of bottom of the spa?
    the polaris 3900 hose isnt long enough

so much to learn
    Doug - Purchased 1/2016, 1995 house with 16x31 ft, ~23000 gallon Gunite pool w 11x7 spa, 3 Pentair VS pumps, a boost pump for polaris 3900 and a Badu® Jet super-sport swim jet pump, 1.5 hp blower, a CL460 Cartridge filter. TF-100 test kit. Aquapure SWG, iAqualink - Lots to learn. New Aquabright, Jandy LEDs, CMP LED Sheers.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Have polaris in pool - how do I clean spa ?

Go buy a hose and attachment. That is how I clean the dirt out I can't get with the net.
    8500 gallon IG Pebble Sheen with Spa. 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ( pool ), 3/4 hp WhisperFlo ( water feature ),Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 500sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Stenner 45mp2 15gallon wired to ET8

3. Back To Top    #3

Use a net for the big stuff and just run the spa in spa mode. That should get any dirt to the filter without any need to vacuum.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks
    Doug - Purchased 1/2016, 1995 house with 16x31 ft, ~23000 gallon Gunite pool w 11x7 spa, 3 Pentair VS pumps, a boost pump for polaris 3900 and a Badu® Jet super-sport swim jet pump, 1.5 hp blower, a CL460 Cartridge filter. TF-100 test kit. Aquapure SWG, iAqualink - Lots to learn. New Aquabright, Jandy LEDs, CMP LED Sheers.

5. Back To Top    #5

I use a Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for the spa. Costs about 100 bucks and works great. I have found that just running the spa does not get the fine dirt from the bottom. Between my robotic cleaner and the Catfish my pool is really easy to clean.
    38000 Gal, IG, Plaster, 20' x 40' x 10', Attached Raised Spa, Intelliflo VS 3 HP (011018), Pentair Quad DE 60 Filter, Raypak (Rheem) 400,000 BTU (407a low Nox), Easy Touch 8 upgrade, Screenlogic 2 with wireless, IS-4 Spa Side Remote, Stenner 45MPHP10 w/15 gal tank, Intellibrite 5g (3), Dolphin Triton Plus robot with PRO remote, Water Tech Catfish handheld vacuum for spa, TF100 with SpeedStir.

6. Back To Top    #6

gary300 thanks for that - I googled it and it helped me realize what was in a bucket in the shed covered in rags and dirt

Its an old pool blaster - have to try to find the wide blue head for it but it works

This site helps again
    The condition of it and the stuff it was with had me thinking it was dead but
    the
    Water Tech® Pool Blaster Eclipse

works well

thanks guys