Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool pop up

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool pop up

Hi, first thread. My pool is just over a year old and my problem is the pop up on the top step is so powerful it splashes water out of my pool when the pump is on high. The pop up says "blue" on the top. What can I do to reduce the pressure of this pop up? Thanks, Jim

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool pop up

Can you tweak the return with a valve adjustment, causing a bit less water pressure there but more returning elsewhere (such as a side return)?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

If you're talking about the pop-up for the cleaning system - at least one system manufacturer makes a "low pressure" head for just such a situation. You may wish to contact the cleaning system manufacturer to see if they offer such an option.
    Gene
    ​12,300 gal IG play pool - Pebbletec - built 10/1999 || Hayward S360SX 36" sand filter || Hayward Ecostar SP3400 VSP || A&A In-Floor cleaning system || Quik Water Leveler || Quik Dek-clor (limited use)
    TF-100 testkit / Speedstir - A good test kit is not an expense, it's an investment

4. Back To Top    #4

I can't adjust the pressure to the pop up other than at the pump and at low speed it's not a problem. Aha, yes a low pressure replacement. I pulled it out today to see if it was possible to make it non functioning and did resist beating it with a hammer. The pop ups do a really nice job so I think my best bet will be the low pressure unit possibility. Thanks!

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

I'm assuming you are the original owner as you stated the pool is just over a year old. Maybe contact the manufacturer or builder and state the issue. One or the other should be able to rectify the situation - possibly free of charge.

Who is the manufacturer?
    Gene
    ​12,300 gal IG play pool - Pebbletec - built 10/1999 || Hayward S360SX 36" sand filter || Hayward Ecostar SP3400 VSP || A&A In-Floor cleaning system || Quik Water Leveler || Quik Dek-clor (limited use)
    TF-100 testkit / Speedstir - A good test kit is not an expense, it's an investment