Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Build Idea - Need Feedback

1. Back To Top    #1

Riverside, CA

Pool Build Idea - Need Feedback

This is not a build in the works, aside from my imagination. But I am wondering if anyone has ever seen someone split the spa and pool using glass..... but I am not talking about highly engineered thick glass to hold back the spa water.

The idea is that the glass only needs to hold back a couple of inches of water in the spa when the pump or pumps are running. I am sure the glass still needs to be an inch or so thick... but it's not holding back 1000 gallons and trying to be water tight.

In thinking about it, maybe the gap would need to be sealed in order to not require HUGE volumes of water to be pumped. But since water is on both sides, the glass isn't loaded like it would be if it were an aquarium.

Here is a sketch I made.

My Pool: Guessing; 7,500g total, has a spa. WhisperFlo WFE-28 single speed, MiniMax NT 400 heater, Pentair Cart. CCP320.
    BIL pool: 16,000 total water, (650g spa). 3hp InteliFlo VS, Hayward heater (unsure of BTU), Hayward DE6000. full drain/refill on Nov. 25th, running BBB.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Louisiana

Re: Pool Build Idea - Need Feedback

I suspect the material of choice would be acrylic or some other clear polymer like Polycarbonate.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Tempe, AZ

Re: Pool Build Idea - Need Feedback

The only material that should be used for a project of this sort would be Transparent Aluminum. ☺

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    40,000 Gallons- "Lazy L"; IG-Fiberglass; Pentair Clean and Clear+ 520; Circupool VJ3 VS Pump (2.4 SFHP); Circupool SJ-45 SWG