Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Deck Renovation

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Deck Renovation

We currently have the pebble concrete (exposed aggregate). What options are there to cover it? I really like the look of Kool Deck but think that is for new concrete only.

What have you done, do you like it and what did it cost you?
    14,000 gallon IG plaster pool, Cartridge Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Deck Renovation

What do you mean by covering? Do you mean to leave the existing surface in place?

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by MarianParoo View Post
    What do you mean by covering? Do you mean to leave the existing surface in place?
    Ideally something that can be sprayed over the existing exposed aggregate. It's in good condition and I don't want to really tear it out.

4. Back To Top    #4

So if it's in good condition, why do you want to cover it? Do you not like it? Or do you want a different color?
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Marlahoutex View Post
    So if it's in good condition, why do you want to cover it? Do you not like it? Or do you want a different color?
    I think the exposed aggregate is ugly and rough in the feet.

6. Back To Top    #6

I have NO idea if the kool deck can be done over old stuff like that BUT you could always call them and ask. If anything can it might be that.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

There are several concrete overlay options that can be colored and stamped or sculpted to look like almost any stone. Here are some,
    Stamped Concrete, Acid Stain, Polished Concrete Dallas/Fort Worth
    Decorative Concrete - Concrete Resurfacing - Concrete Repair, Dallas / Fort Worth
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

8. Back To Top    #8

Look at the links above and do some more searching on your own for small concrete contractors. Many of these guys can do different things to your concrete. But you need to be talking to some contractors who can tell you what they can do and are experienced at. You don't want to hire a guy and as they are doing the work find out it is his first rodeo with that process.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    There are several concrete overlay options that can be colored and stamped or sculpted to look like almost any stone. Here are some,
    Stamped Concrete, Acid Stain, Polished Concrete Dallas/Fort Worth
    Decorative Concrete - Concrete Resurfacing - Concrete Repair, Dallas / Fort Worth
    Thanks for the links. This is what I am looking for