Could my beautiful pebble finish be RUINED after an acid wash???

Feb 26, 2016
Yorba Linda, CA
Hi Everyone,

I am so happy I found this place. I don't know what could have gone wrong? My salt cell (original cell from 2009 when pool was built) went bad a few months ago and the pool got a lot of algae. My pool contractor installed a new salt cell and decided to drain the pool, do an acid wash (instead of shocking the pool) and refilling it. After the pool was filled all these "white" brushing/scrubbing/sweeping motion starting showing up all over the bottom of the pool in all different directions. Especially where the pool floor meet the side walls and starts to go up. My wife is telling me if someone ruined our pool I have to move out, lol... :D

The response I am getting from my pool contractor is he wants to drain the pool, do another acid wash and then power wash the pool. He said that will remove everything. Does anyone have any experience with this?

--Anthony

Attachments

• Acid Wash_0001.jpg
    Acid Wash_0001.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 175
  • Acid Wash_0002.jpg
    Acid Wash_0002.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 177
  • Acid Wash_0003.jpg
    Acid Wash_0003.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 176
  • Acid Wash_0004.jpg
    Acid Wash_0004.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 174
  • Acid Wash_0005.jpg
    Acid Wash_0005.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 177
To me it sounds like your pool contractor knows nothing about pool maintenance which seems to be far too common. They may know how to build a pool, but have no clue as to how to maintain them once they finish building them. As another question how have you been testing your pool water? Have you been keeping an eye on your calcium hardness? Calcium hardness tends to be an ongoing concern in much of the SW United States due to a combination of typically high CH fill water, water use restrictions, and evaporation which raises CH in the pool over time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.