Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hola from Tucson !

1. Back To Top    #1

Hola from Tucson !

Hello all, I've been reading and printing from this site for a while and wanted to sign in and say thanks for all the information. My wife and I are new pool owners, $80 a month for a guy to put chlorine in the pool seemed crazy so we let him go and have been trying to let all this information sink in. He had all the readings way to high so I have been getting it all in the ball park, slowly. My wife is like you checking that again? More bleach? Is it safe to swim with that many chemicals? Thanks again for this great site, until my next question, be safe !
    16,000 Gallons in ground plaster with water fall using skimmer and Hayward pool vac Pentair CCP320 filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hola from Tucson !

Welcome to TFP! You know the drill now ... simple chemicals adjusted with the RIGHT test kit. You've got this, and she'll be very happy for it. Not to mention saving that $80 per month. Tell her that's a new pair of shoes!

Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

OH we got ya covered! So what test kit are you using?

We would LOVE to see pics!

How about starting a thread over at "just getting started" and share your pool and any questions and concerns you might have? Pretty please???

Kim (PAT! I love that one!)
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP and congrats on taking over your pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

20151220_074631.jpgHere is my pool with Sombrero Peak as a background! I am using an hth 6 way kit the previous owners left for me, it was brand new and seems like a decent kit.
    16,000 Gallons in ground plaster with water fall using skimmer and Hayward pool vac Pentair CCP320 filter.

6. Back To Top    #6

If you want to truly take control of your pool, you need a good testkit. We promise it will pay for itself many times over!

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, all you need to add is the FAS-DPD portion. Google that k-1515C or go to TFtestkits.com

7. Back To Top    #7

Yep, the HTH 6 way drop test kit is ok. You just need to add this test and you are good to go, TFTestkits.net FAS-DPD test

The TF100 is a much better value and a better kit for your next test kit. More here, Pool School - Test Kits Compared
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

8. Back To Top    #8

That picture........oh that picture wow so pretty! You get to see that every day?????? LUCKY!

That is a good little test kit. Of course you will use it up in not time testing your water to get it looking like a jewel. That is why we like the TF-100 as it has more of the regents we use daily.

I have a link for you. Share it with your wife to show you WE said this is how to make the pool sparkle! LOL

Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit