Pool Build in AZ. Any recommendations on a reverse cycle heat pump?

yellow12

Silver Supporter
Oct 15, 2015
Vail, AZ
Hi Everyone! I am building a pool Southeast of Tucson, AZ (Vail) and looking at what the best heating method would be for winter that is cost effective and what would be good for cooling during the real hot summer months. I am stubbing for heater and solar options just in case. We had a heat pump in PA and it was awesome. Of course, we only had it a few years before we had to move, so I have no idea on longevity and that was a long time ago and I would have to find the old paperwork to find out exactly what pump it was.

max width:21 linear feet
max length: 38 lin. feet
min depth: 3ft
max depth: 6 ft.
approx. gals: 25,500
area:500sq feet
perimeter: 102 lin ft.
interior: 938 sq ft.
Sorry I didn't include this in the original question. This is the rough pool specs size and gallons. Thanks, wendy p.

Not a recommendation but an idea for low(er) cost heating - install solar electric to run a heat pump rather than using passive heat collectors.

See this thread - Running a Heat Pump with Solar Electric - White Paper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Are you installing pool automation or a variable speed pump? It is usually better to stay with the same brand with automation. All of the big name heat pumps are good Pentair, Hayward, Raypak. Have you considered installing solar water heating panels? They also cool in the summer by running at night, ours do great jib cooling the pool in August. Install cost should be similar to a heat pump cost and no cost to run them. And from what I've heard there is plenty of sun in AZ.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.