Walmart Lounge Chairs

QingGuy

Silver Supporter
Mar 22, 2015
Las Vegas NV
Wife and I really like the deck lounge chairs at Costco ($129 ea) but they're brown and we want more color. Walmart has some that are not of the same quality (Costco is made from Sunbrella) but they have color and are only $69 ea. Anyone have any experience with these? They have webbing but they're not the same quality as Sunbrella.

@texas splash - Those are the same chairs, so you like them? We really like the color they would add, but don't want to purchase something that we're going to have to replace in a year or are uncomfortable. We really like the Costco chairs but just adds more brown to an already brown desert-scape.

We know in the hot Vegas sun they won't last forever but if we could get three or four seasons out of them I'd be happy with that. Also, looks like they stack easily so when not in use we could stack them and cover them with something to protect them from the elements. Probably would have done the same with Costco chairs as well regardless of the fact that they're made out of Sunbrella.

They do stack easily, and you can of course fold the backs down as well. So far, the material itself has held-up well. Being a Vegas native myself, I can understand the dry rot concerns you would have. Here in S. Texas, it's hot but also can be quite humid and of course more rain. Some moisture does find its way into the metal (here), but nothing too drastic as of yet. I don't suspect you would have that same issue in that wonderful "dry heat". :) Like you, I hope to get about 4-5 seasons from them before we go through a new rotation.

They do stack easily, and you can of course fold the backs down as well. So far, the material itself has held-up well. Being a Vegas native myself, I can understand the dry rot concerns you would have. Here in S. Texas, it's hot but also can be quite humid and of course more rain. Some moisture does find its way into the metal (here), but nothing too drastic as of yet. I don't suspect you would have that same issue in that wonderful "dry heat". :) Like you, I hope to get about 4-5 seasons from them before we go through a new rotation.
Thanks, going to go pick them up today.

We bought some from Lowes a couple of years back that are holding up fairly well, but are not in direct sun. Price was just a little higher than the ones at Wal-Mart, but quality was higher.
Looked at Lowes and they didn't have any colors other than brown and white, quality did seem better though. Not sure how often they'd be in direct sun. I'm thinking during pool season when not in use we'd stack and cover them so the most they'd sit out in the sun might be for a week at a time if we get lazy and don't stack and cover. That said, at this price if they make it two or three seasons and the sun damages them, I'm OK with that. At $130 ea. like the Costco chairs, I'd be upset if the sun damaged them in such a short period of time.

I bought the same chairs (in the lime green) at WalMart last spring and they held up really well! When fall came around they clearanced them out for $35 so I bought a couple more. They are great for the price, I did store them inside for the winter but they are definitely going to last atleast a couple more years

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.