Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Walmart Lounge Chairs

1. Back To Top    #1

Walmart Lounge Chairs

Wife and I really like the deck lounge chairs at Costco ($129 ea) but they're brown and we want more color. Walmart has some that are not of the same quality (Costco is made from Sunbrella) but they have color and are only $69 ea. Anyone have any experience with these? They have webbing but they're not the same quality as Sunbrella.
    SUMMER 2015 BUILD IG gunite 38 x 31, 28,000 gal, 110' perimeter, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflow 3hp, Intellibrite LED x2, Clean & Clear 520, Screen Logic, Intelichlor 40, Quartzscape Blue, K-2006C, Speedstir, Aquanaut 400 (4 wheel The Pool Cleaner)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Walmart Lounge Chairs

We bought some chairs from Wal-mart last year. You can see them in my sig link (My pool). Towards the end of that link you'll see them - blue lounge chairs. So far they seem to be holding-up well.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Look for aluminum constuction. We bought some from Walmart that weren't. Our bad as they rusted out. The scrap merchants that work our street loved us when we put them on the curb.

4. Back To Top    #4

@texas splash - Those are the same chairs, so you like them? We really like the color they would add, but don't want to purchase something that we're going to have to replace in a year or are uncomfortable. We really like the Costco chairs but just adds more brown to an already brown desert-scape.

We know in the hot Vegas sun they won't last forever but if we could get three or four seasons out of them I'd be happy with that. Also, looks like they stack easily so when not in use we could stack them and cover them with something to protect them from the elements. Probably would have done the same with Costco chairs as well regardless of the fact that they're made out of Sunbrella.
    SUMMER 2015 BUILD IG gunite 38 x 31, 28,000 gal, 110' perimeter, Intelliflo VS, Whisperflow 3hp, Intellibrite LED x2, Clean & Clear 520, Screen Logic, Intelichlor 40, Quartzscape Blue, K-2006C, Speedstir, Aquanaut 400 (4 wheel The Pool Cleaner)

5. Back To Top    #5

They do stack easily, and you can of course fold the backs down as well. So far, the material itself has held-up well. Being a Vegas native myself, I can understand the dry rot concerns you would have. Here in S. Texas, it's hot but also can be quite humid and of course more rain. Some moisture does find its way into the metal (here), but nothing too drastic as of yet. I don't suspect you would have that same issue in that wonderful "dry heat". Like you, I hope to get about 4-5 seasons from them before we go through a new rotation.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

We bought some from Lowes a couple of years back that are holding up fairly well, but are not in direct sun. Price was just a little higher than the ones at Wal-Mart, but quality was higher.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    They do stack easily, and you can of course fold the backs down as well. So far, the material itself has held-up well. Being a Vegas native myself, I can understand the dry rot concerns you would have. Here in S. Texas, it's hot but also can be quite humid and of course more rain. Some moisture does find its way into the metal (here), but nothing too drastic as of yet. I don't suspect you would have that same issue in that wonderful "dry heat". Like you, I hope to get about 4-5 seasons from them before we go through a new rotation.
    Thanks, going to go pick them up today.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
    We bought some from Lowes a couple of years back that are holding up fairly well, but are not in direct sun. Price was just a little higher than the ones at Wal-Mart, but quality was higher.
    Looked at Lowes and they didn't have any colors other than brown and white, quality did seem better though. Not sure how often they'd be in direct sun. I'm thinking during pool season when not in use we'd stack and cover them so the most they'd sit out in the sun might be for a week at a time if we get lazy and don't stack and cover. That said, at this price if they make it two or three seasons and the sun damages them, I'm OK with that. At $130 ea. like the Costco chairs, I'd be upset if the sun damaged them in such a short period of time.

8. Back To Top    #8

Lowes offers sunbrella cushions too, just have to look in their patio catalog.

Under Construction - Free form in-ground pool/spa, 24x42, 815 sq ft, 119' perimeter, 3.5-8 ft depth, 26,500 gallons, Triton II sand filter, IntelliChlor SWG, 3 Intellibrite LED lights, IntelliFlo VS pump, Easy Touch Control System, raised planter box & patio space TBD........

9. Back To Top    #9

I bought the same chairs (in the lime green) at WalMart last spring and they held up really well! When fall came around they clearanced them out for $35 so I bought a couple more. They are great for the price, I did store them inside for the winter but they are definitely going to last atleast a couple more years
    24' x 52" AG / Hayward Sand Filter
    Hayward Power-Flo 2 Speed Pump
    TF100 test kit / Pool Rover Hybrid Robot
    St. Louis, MO *GO CARDINALS*

10. Back To Top    #10

Mine from Lowes are blue, red and tan (4 of each)
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

11. Back To Top    #11

Member's MarkĀ® Heritage Chaise Lounge Chair - Sam's Club

These are awesome, and pretty cheap. If you go in the local club, they have very comfortable red/blue/green/yellow cushions that fit perfectly on them as well.

We bought 2 of them last year and they are SOOOOO comfortable.
    24'x54" 15k AG round - Outback Genesis
    1 1/2hp Hayward Matrix 2 speed. Hayward 180T Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Pool School & TF-100
    How to SLAM

12. Back To Top    #12

oooo, those are pretty, Kris
    My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir