Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: round bull nose tiles

1. Back To Top    #1

round bull nose tiles

Has any one know of a source for 6" x 6" 1/4" round bull nose pool tiles? I have about 15 cracked tiles around my pool I want to replace but cannot find any source for replacement tiles. I have attached pictures of the type of tile I am looking for. I will need approximately 30 such tiles. 15 are cracked or broken but I would assume that I might damage the ones next to the ones I am replacing so I would need spares just in case.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: round bull nose tiles

Would these be similar?

Cepac Tile 6x6 Surface Bullnose Trim Tile | Glossy Aqua Blue | #623 SBN

Google is your friend
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

No they would not as the curve at the top is different. I can find some tiles similar to what you posted but none where the curve at the top is like the one I posted. Hence they will not match the contour of the ones currently in the pool. The curved top of the tiles mate directly to the cement deck around the pool. Using tiles like the ones you posted would leave a gap between the deck and the tile that the other tiles would not have. Here is an illustration of what I am talking about

Attachment 45433

4. Back To Top    #4

Here are some photos of a side view as if the tile was installed.

Attachment 45434

5. Back To Top    #5

I think they might call that radius bullnose. Sorry, can't find anything in that color, maybe visit your local pool or tile shop.
    http://www.diyadvice.com/diy/tiling/...rders-edgings/
    In-ground block / vinyl liner 33' x 22' x 5',, approx 25k gals
    Cartridge Filter
    Floor drains, 2 skimmers, 3 return lines (2" plumbing ultra-flex PVC)

6. Back To Top    #6

I wonder if you can find someone to make you a few tiles like that? You can even have the different color with an inlay on them so it will look like it was planned as a pretty accent.

kim

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if you can find someone to make you a few tiles like that? You can even have the different color with an inlay on them so it will look like it was planned as a pretty accent.

kim

Solids | National Pool Tile Group look what I found!
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Thank you for those that responded. I was finally able to find similar tiles on Ebay. There are not an exact color match but with some creative placement I should be able to make them work, as the cracked tiles are where the pool transitions at an angle from the shallow end to the deep end. If others are looking for this type of tile here is the Ebay link. Aqua Blue Bull Nose Swimming Pool Tile 5 16 Thick | eBay

8. Back To Top    #8

I am so glad you found some!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit