Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Nautilus NS Stainless Steel D.E Filter (but what model?)

1. Back To Top    #1

Nautilus NS Stainless Steel D.E Filter (but what model?)

I have a Nautilus NS Stainless Steel D.E. Filter that I am looking to clean out and also replace the grids.
    Unfortunately, it is an older filter and I cannot read any of the necessary information on the identifying sticker to see which model I have. I purchased the house a while back, and while I do have the manual for the filter, it also doesn't list the specific model that I have.
    When looking for grids I've noticed that sizes are listed, I've measured a spare grid and it came out to a length of 31 inches.

Does anyone know if there is a way to identify the model by the grid size or is there another way in which I could identify the model that I have?

Thank you,

In Ground Concrete Kidney
    30,000 Gallons.
    Nautilus DE Filter
    Intelliflo Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Nautilus NS Stainless Steel D.E Filter (but what model?)

I bet if you post up a picture someone will be able along shortly to help
    Montgomery, AL
    27000 16 x 36 IG, Vinyl, Grecian, Hayward Sand filter, 1 HP Pentair whisperflo motor, Aqua Genie filter not by choice, no extra jets, Dolphin s300i robotic cleaner,Taylor K 2006 test kit, speed-stir which I couldn't live without!

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Nautilus NS Stainless Steel D.E Filter (but what model?)

Based o the parts list here Pac Fab Nautilus Stainless D.E. Parts -
    it sounds like the 60 square foot filter. It calls for grids 30" tall
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!