Pentair ScreenLogic

Hi all,

I'm pretty savvy with pool stuff, but am encountering the new installation of a ScreenLogic in connection with new pool construction and am hitting a lack of knowledge wall.

The antenna that came in the box was installed on the wall next to the ET-8 and wired into the board in the controller box. Included in the ScreenLogic box are protocal adapter and wireless link.

Where do I install the protocol adapter? Is it needed with the antenna installed?

The wireless link has a 4-lead green plug that receives one end, but where does the other go?

I need to figure this out so I don't look stupid in front of the client... time is of the essence ..
Thanks!!
:confused:

The Easytouch uses a 4 wire com port. You can either run all four wires into the house or you can use a wireless system in place of the wire. In both cases, you end up having to connect to the Protocol Adapter and then your computer router.

The protocol adapter takes the Pentair 4 wire information and converts into an Ethernet format that your router/computer can use.

So, Antenna gets hooked to the EasyTouch com port, the Transceiver gets connected to the 4 wire input of the Protocol adapter and the output of the Protocol adapter gets connected to your router.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.